Check-In With Global Engagement

Be sure to stop in to the Office of Global Engagement after you first arrive.

When you arrive at USU, you are required to check in at the Office of Global Engagement 

In order to validate their non-immigrant status, all international students are required to login to the International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) Portal here.

Students needing to check-in should click on “Immigration Check-In” under “New International Students” on the homepage and log in with their A-number and strong password. 

For a tutorial on how to check-in, please visit:

The ISSS Portal is a one-stop hub for all SEVIS or immigration requests processed through the Office of Global Engagement. The ISSS Portal will simplify and expedite the processes for immigration requests.

You will need to bring the following documents to check in:

  1. Passport
  2. I-20 or DS-2019
  3. Visa
  4. I-94

Students who do not check in will be considered out of status. 

Incoming exchange students and sponsored students should work with the USU immigration advisors, in the Office of Global Engagement, to make sure that they have completed all nessessary paperwork.

The Office of Global Engagement is located on the south side of the Military Science Building, Room 115:

map of global engagement building

Important Notice to Immigrant Visa Applicants Concerning Vaccination Requirements from DHS

United States immigration law requires immigrant visa applicants to obtain certain vaccinations (listed below) prior to the issuance of an immigrant visa. Panel physicians who conduct medical examinations of immigrant visa applicants are required to verify that immigrant visa applicants have met the vaccination requirements, or that it is medically inappropriate for the visa applicant to receive one or more of the listed vaccinations:

  • Hepatitis A
  • Hepatitis B
  • Influenza
  • Influenza type b (Hib)
  • Measles
  • Meningococcal
  • Mumps
  • Pneumococcal
  • Pertussis
  • Polio
  • Rotavirus
  • Rubella
  • Tetanus and diphtheria toxoids
  • Varicella

In order to assist the panel physican, and to avoid delays in the processing of an immigrant visa, all immigrant visa applicants should have their vaccination records available for the panel physician's review at the time of the immigrant medical examination. Visa applicants should consult with their regular health care provider to obtain a copy of their immunization record, if one is available. If you do not have a vaccination record, the panel physician will work with you to determine which vaccinations you may need to meet the requirement. Certain waivers of the vaccination requirement are available upon the recommendation of the panel physician.

Only a physician can determine which of the listed vaccinations are medically appropriate for you, given your age, medical history and current medical condition. For more detailed information, please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Panel Physician Technical Instructions for Vaccination.

Immunizations at USU

Due to the increased risk of contracting viral illness during international travel, all USU students should receive the following immunizations before leaving their home country:

  • Tetanus, Diptheria, Pertussis (TDaP) - series and current booster
  • Measles (MMR) - 2 doses
  • Polio - 3 doses
  • Chickenpox (Varicella) - immunity or record of illness
  • Tuberculosis (TB) Skin test

Please take every effort before you leave your home country to receive these immunizations to protect yourself and others during your travel to the United States.

Once you’ve received the necessary immunizations, you should record this information using our online health system at

USU students who arrive to the United States without receiving the appropriate immunizations will be asked to become immunized as soon as possible. Being immunized after arrival is a service provided by the Bear River Health Department (655 East 1300 North, Logan, Utah 84341) and can be billed to insurance or paid for in cash:

  • The TDaP vaccination costs $50, which is billable to insurance or $15 cash without insurance due to a government grant.
  • The MMR vaccination costs $75 cash or is billable to insurance.
  • The Polio vaccination costs $45 cash or is billable to insurance.
  • The Chickenpox vaccination costs $115 cash or is billable to insurance.
  • The TB test is $15 cash or is billable to insurance.

If you plan on being immunized before leaving your home country, please consult with an appropriate health care professionals well before you travel.

If you have questions about these requirements, please access Student Health Services. Or, you may contact our campus doctor at