Make the Most of Your Aggie Family
The USU Parent & Family Programs Mission is to serve families through programming designed to equip parents with resources they need to help their student succeed at Utah State University. We do this by providing Parent Orientation, Parent Publications & Podcasts, and Deferment & Notification of Leave Outreach. We provide parents and families with these resources to promote student success and independence at any stage in their student’s academic career at Utah State University.
2023-2024 Academic Year at a Glance
Students should complete their new student orientation the semester leading up to their start at USU. Students are also encouraged to take USU 1010 Connections, offered as a presemester course in the summer and as a half semester course during fall and spring.
- Tuition or payment plan due, Aug 16 at 5 pm
- Spanish Speaking Parent Orientation, Aug 19
- USU 1010 Connections, Aug 23-25
- Fall classes begin, Aug 28
- Parent & Family Weekend, Sept 22-24
- Midterm exams
- Fall Break, Oct 20
- Meet with advisor to prepare for Spring 23 Registration
- Spring 24 Registration, Nov 14-17
- Thansgiving Break, Nov 22-24
- Finals Week, Dec 11-15
- Winter Break, Dec 16-Jan 8
- Spring classes begin, Jan 9
- Apply for Continuing Student Scholarship
- Presidents' Day (no class), Feb 20
- Midterm exams
- Spring Break, Mar 6-10
- Meet with advisor to prepare for Fall 23 Registration
- Fall 23 Registration, Apr 10-14
- Finals Week, Apr 27-May 3
- Commencement, May 4-5
Aggie Parent & Family Network
Use the Aggie Parent & Family Network to find helpful information about your student's University experience.
Notification of Leave and Deferral
The Center for Academic Belonging and Excellence assists undergraduate students who have already been attending USU who wish to take a break from their studies for one or more semesters (other than summer semester), for a variety of reasons.
Incoming students who have not yet started at USU who need to defer their admission should visit the USU Admissions deferral page.