Policy 512: Use of Candles and Other Open Flame Devices
Section: Operating Policies
Policy Number: 512
Subject: Use of Candles and Other Open Flame Devices
Origin Date: July 25, 2000
Effective Date: July 25, 2000
Download PDF File
To preserve life safety and reduce the risk of fire, the use of candles and other open flame devices in Utah State University buildings is prohibited unless specifically approved by the University Fire Marshal. Such approval must be requested for:
- A. Theatrical or other entertaining arts performances.
- B. Dining and food service areas.
- C. Special religious ceremonies.
- D. Educational and research purposes.
- E. Other purposes as may appear necessary.
Once specifically approved for use for educational or research purposes or in a dining facility, the same or same type of open flame device may be used on multiple occasions without re-approval.