Three-Year Course Fee Reviews
Course fees are reviewed on a three-year rotating schedule. The review schedule and process are outlined below.
The course fee application, review, and approval process will be completed as follows:
A department point-of-contact (POC) will be identified and notified of the process by August. All course fees will be completed in Curriculog by the POC and approved through the dean level by October 20. To complete the process, the POC will be provided with:
- A spreadsheet of all course fees that require action
- A detailed tutorial and Word document describing the process
- Training sessions and mentoring as needed. Contact Michelle Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org or (435) 797-1840) for help
Department heads completing their Three-Year Course Fee Review must submit a Department Head Overview Report of course fees charged by their unit to ensure fees are reasonable, expenses are approved, and there is no overlap of items being purchased.
To complete this work, a report will be provided by the Controller’s Office for each course that includes account revenue, expenses, balances, enrollments, and use of the expenditures. Department heads are asked to report on overall uses of course fees by their department and any adjustments made by the unit as a result of the review.
The Course Fee Review Committee will use this departmental review to gain an overview of departmental requests. Briefly describe the findings of your review in an email to email@example.com by October 31.
The Course Fee Committee will review applications during fall semester. Notification of approvals or denials will be made through Curriculog. All approved fees will go into effect the fall semester following notification.
Timeline for 2020-2021
- October 20: Curriculog requests completed and approved through the dean level
- October 31: Department overview email submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Close of Spring semester: Official notification of course fee approval
- Fall 2021: Effective date of approved fees
Academic Year 2020-2021
Fees become effective Fall 2021
- College of Agriculture and Applied Sciences
- Caine College of the Arts
- Jon M. Huntsman School of Business
Academic Year 2021-2022
Fees become effective Fall 2022
- Emma Eccles Jones College of Education and Human Services
- College of Science
- USU Prefix Course
Academic Year 2022-2023
Fees become effective Fall 2023
- College of Engineering
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- S.J. and Jessie E. Quinney College of Natural Resources
For more information on course fees, please contact:
Associate Vice Provost
Phone: (435) 797-3391