"A" Pin Award
Initiated in 1910, the "A" Pin Award is highly esteemed at Utah State University. The pin features Old Main tower and includes the inscription, USU Scholarship, denoting the highest undergraduate scholarly achievement. In recognition of exceptional academic achievement, the "A" Pin Award honors students who meet the criteria below.
- Maintain a 4.0 grade point average for two consecutive semesters.
- Complete 15 graded credit hours for each of the two consecutive semesters.
- Pass (P) grades, audited courses, and Independent Study courses are not counted toward the required 15 credit hours.
- If there is an Incomplete (I) grade in the semester, the semester does NOT qualify.
- Withdrawal (W) grades will be ignored as long as there are still fifteen graded credits with a 4.0 GPA.
- Summer semester may count toward the two consecutive semesters, if at least fifteen hours are carried.
- Part-time semesters (less than 15 credits) are considered as follows:
- Part-time semesters with any grades of less than an A breaks the consecutive two semester requirement, and the student must start over.
- Part-time semesters with all A grades are not counted, but they do not break the consecutive structure.
- Individual courses and semesters only count once.
- This recognition is for admitted undergraduate students. Second bachelor and graduate students are not included.
- Split forms are allowed as long as there are still fifteen graded credits with a 4.0 GPA.
- Intensive English Language Institute only students are eligible as long as they meet the requirements.
To confirm eligibility, please contact:
Phone: (435) 797-7095
Logan campus students who have declared a major are recognized at the college level, and undeclared students receive recognition from the Provost’s Office. All regional campus students receive recognition at their regional location.
For more information on the "A" Pin Award, please contact:
Phone: (435) 797-1840