Scholar of the Year 2020
The Scholar of the Year Award is given each year to recognize and encourage excellence in scholarship and/or creative activities. Service and student activity involvement may also be considered in the selection process, but the main emphasis is on scholarly achievement.
Each college dean will appoint a committee to select an outstanding student scholar from each college. Nominees must be on schedule to receive a bachelor’s degree at this year’s commencement ceremony. The Provost’s Office will appoint a committee to select the Scholar of the Year from the eight college nominees. The award recipient will be recognized at the annual Robins Award Ceremony in April 2020.
Nominees must demonstrate outstanding academic success and show evidence of scholarly activities such as:
- completion of undergraduate research,
- receipt of an URCO or other undergraduate research grant,
- participation as a writing fellow, teaching assistant, undergraduate teaching fellow, research assistant, supplemental instruction (SI) leader,
- participation in performances or other artistic endeavors,
- participation in presentations at professional conferences,
- completion of scholarly publications,
- participation in the Honors Program,
- participation in professional or scholarly organizations,
- completion of a senior project or thesis.
Deadline for submission: Friday, February 7, 2020.
The following nomination materials must be prepared in 12 pt. font and not to exceed 15 pages:
- letter written by the faculty member best suited to address the student’s scholarly achievements and impact of their scholarly work,
- narrative summary of the scholarly work and impact written by the student,
- a summary of service and student activity involvement written by the student,
- transcript including fall grades,
- curriculum vitae,
- short biography (two paragraph maximum),
- professional portrait.
Materials must be submitted in PDF format via electronic form.
For more information on the Scholar of the Year Award, please contact:
Janet B. Anderson
Phone: (435) 797-2104