Regional Rural Development Centers
Advancing the Economic Health of Rural America
The Regional Rural Development Centers are a trusted source of economic and community development data, decision tools, education, and guidance for our nation's rural communities.
Collectively, the Centers form a one-stop-shop connection to the nationwide network of Land-Grant Universities and the Cooperative Extension Service. Each Center serves a U.S. region and taps its Land-Grant University network to form innovative research and Extension partnerships in the area of rural development.
Together, the Regional Rural Development Centers help rural communities make science-based decisions about their community and economic development investments.
- Hosted by Pennsylvania State University
- Director: Stephan Goetz
- Serving Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, and West Virginia
- Hosted by Purdue University
- Director: Maria Marshall
- Serving Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin
- Hosted by Mississippi State University
- Director: John J. Green
- Serving Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Puerto Rico, and USVI
- Hosted by Utah State University
- Director: Don E. Albrecht
- Serving Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, American Samoa, Guam, Micronesia, and Northern Marianas