There are many private scholarship opportunities available and you should apply for these as early as possible. Scholarship opportunities can be found in your local community, as well as nationwide. Each will likely have a unique application process. However, it is important to be an Internet Skeptic! Never pay to apply for a scholarship, and never give your Social Security number or other private information that could jeopardize your security.
Utah State University has partnered with ScholarshipUniverse to match you with private scholarships for FREE. ScholarshipUniverse, a matching system that maximizes scholarship opportunities for students, has the ability to match you to scholarship opportunities both internal and external to Utah State University. All private scholarship opportunities listed within ScholarshipUniverse have been vetted to ensure that students have access to legitimate scholarship opportunities.
To access private scholarship opportunities through ScholarshipUniverse:
- Incoming admitted and current USU students can access ScholarshipUniverse at https://usu.scholarshipuniverse.com/
- Once logged in, answer questions under the "Questions" tab on the left-hand side of the screen. Answers to these questions determine if you are eligible for various private scholarship opportunities archived within ScholarshipUniverse.
- When finished answering questions, choose the "Scholarships" tab on the left-hand side of the screen. Then, choose the "Matches" option. Private scholarship opportunities that you have matched to will be listed here with a globe icon next to them.
- Click the "Apply" button next to a private scholarship opportunity to access the scholarship application.
- Please keep in mind that private scholarship applications are hosted on websites external to ScholarshipUniverse and Utah State University.