- URCO Workshops will be offered from September 21 through October 14. Workshops are up to an hour long, and you'll meet with two Science Writing Center tutors. Instructions for scheduling an URCO Workshop session are here. Schedule a workshop session at any stage of preparing your application:
- Reading and discussing examples of successful applications
- Brainstorming research ideas
- Getting feedback on your resume or curriculum vitae
- Reviewing drafts of your research proposal
- Reviewing drafts of your education plan
- The Science Writing Center is currently offering a workshop series for the NSF GRFP.
- In November 2020 the Science Writing Center will offer workshops to help with graduate school essays.
- In Spring 2021, we will offer workshops for medical school applications.
- Please email email@example.com to learn more.
Animal, Dairy, and Veterinary Science Manuscript Writing
- How to Develop Skills to Write Introductions, Discussions, and Literature Reviews
- Example Annotated Introduction and Discussion
- Example Annotated Literature Review
Scientific Writing Tips and Exercises
How to Email your Instructor
Reading and Summarizing Scientific Literature
- How to Read a Scientific Paper
- What is an Executive Summary and How to Write One?
- Executive Summary Examples
Résumé and CV
Style and Format
- American Chemical Society Style Guide (Williams College)
- APA Style (Purdue OWL)
- Geological Society of America Citation Guide
- Geological Society of America Journal Style Guide
- Geological Society of America Manuscript Template
- Journal of Wildlife Management Manuscript Guidelines
- MLA Style (Purdue OWL)
- Merrill-Cazier library (Click the green button to chat with a librarian online)
- Meet with a librarian (Set up a one-on-one appointment with the librarian who specializes in your field)
- Quick How-Tos (Research help)
- How to Conduct a Lit Review Tutorial
- How to Evaluate Sources Tutorial
- How to Avoid Plagiarism & Cite Sources Tutorial
- Articles and Databases