Student Nutrition Access Center (SNAC)
SNAC's COVID-19 Precautionary Measures
AS OF AUGUST 31, THE SNAC PANTRY IS CONTACTLESS ORDER-AND-PICK-UP ONLY!
SNAC patrons will now order online using this form: https://form.jotform.com/200786504000039. They will choose a time slot to pick up their order outside of SNAC (TSC 332). Physical distancing will be maintained among the patrons picking up their orders. There will be no in-person pantry browsing.
Changes to the parking situation! As of August 31, SNAC patrons will not be able to park in the drop off zone while they come upstairs to pick up their SNAC orders. If you can park in the Blue lot, make it up the stairs, grab your order, and make it back to your car in less than 10 minutes, you will not be charged for parking.
Please pick up your order ONLY during your chosen time slot! Your order won't be ready any earlier than what you chose on the form.
We are adopting the following procedures to stay open and useful as long as possible:
- Regular sanitizing throughout the pantry at the beginning and end of each day and shift.
- Discontinuing use of bulk bins; individually packaging pastries, bagels, bread.
- Asking that volunteers continue to use food-safe certified practices.
What Is SNAC?
The Student Nutrition Access Center is the location of USU's on-campus food pantry. Any Aggie with a USU ID in need of food can order from SNAC one time per week as needed, no questions asked.
Where Does the Food in SNAC's Pantry Come From?
- Canned and nonperishable food is donated by the Cache Community Food Pantry
- Fresh produce in the summer and fall comes from the Utah Conservation Corps Urban Community Farm and Cache Community Gleaning
- Unsold bread, bagels, desserts, and other perishables are donated by USU Dining Services
- Ready-to-heat meals are recovered and repackaged by the Campus Kitchen
How Can I Donate Food to the SNAC pantry?
Contact email@example.com or call 435-797-7378.
Winter 2020-21 SNAC Hours
How Can I Support the Work of SNAC?
As we work to monitor the health of everyone who handles food in SNAC's pantry, volunteer opportunities will be limited this year. Join SNAC on AggiePulse, USU's new service database, to be the first to get the news about volunteer opportunities.
We raised over $27,000 through our Spring 2020 Aggie Funded campaign! Thank you for your support! https://www.usu.edu/aggiefunded/snac/index
SNAC Facts at a Glance
- During the 2019-2020 academic year, 1,699 Aggies visited the SNAC pantry 6,329 times!
- During Summer 2020, SNAC filled 1,392 online orders. Volunteers personally ran each of those orders down three flights of stairs.
- Volunteers pick up 1,200-1,500 lbs of canned food from the Cache Community Food Pantry each week to stock the shelves. Almost all this food is gone by the end of the week!
- On Fridays, we donate the leftover bread and pastries to local organizations.