USU’s Annual Inclusive Excellence Symposium
Hosted by the Office of the President
Utah State University’s annual Inclusive Excellence Symposium promotes diversity, inclusion, and respect in the USU community by offering education, research, and training for understanding the experiences of underrepresented groups.
Daily sessions will be held from 12 – 1:30 p.m., or the recordings can be viewed through each session’s page.
Monday, October 25th
Sachin Pavithran & Teresa Larsen, Utah State University
Tuesday, October 26th
Moderators: Mehmet Soyer & Rana Abulbasal, Utah State UniversityPanelists: Niyonta Chowdhury-Magaña, Mary Phan, Edem Avemegah, & Gonca Soyer, Utah State University
Wednesday, October 27thModerator: Marilyn Cuch, Utah State University
Panelists: Laís Martinez, Utah System of Higher Education, Liz Owens, YWCA Utah, Stacey Jackson-Roberts, Utah Pride Center, & Karen Kwan, State Representative — District 34
Thursday, October 28th
Jennifer Ho, University of Colorado Boulder
Capacity is limited, so register early to ensure your spot.
12 – 2 p.m.
Erika-Danielle Lindström, Utah State University
David Pruden, Utah State University
Tish Hicks & Jill Ferrell, Utah State University
12 – 1:30 p.m.
Emmalee Fishburn, Nate Sealover & Kayleen Lam, Utah State University
12 – 1:30 p.m.
Shari Linares, Elizabeth Grace Wong, & Melanie M. Domenech Rodríguez, Utah State University
What to Expect
The Inclusive Excellence Symposium emphasizes the benefits of greater diversity within our communities. By attending, you will:
- Receive education and training for understanding the experiences of underrepresented groups.
- Understand how you can reduce barriers to the academic and career success of people in these groups.
- Have opportunities for networking, collaboration, and dialogue among faculty, staff, students, and community members.
2021 Symposium Sponsors
- Office of the President
- Student Affairs
- Department of Psychology
- Office of Global Engagement
- Center for Intersectional Gender Studies and Research
- University Libraries
- USUSA Graduate Senator
- The Department of Sociology and Anthropology
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Univeristy Marketing and Communications