Need help paying rent?

Resources to help with paying rent, utilities and more*

  • Utah Legal Services: A nonprofit that gives free legal help to low-income Utahns for housing matters. Phone: 801-477-6975.                                                                                                       
  • Power bill: Request bill payment assistance from Rocky Mountain Power by calling 1-888-221-7070.                                                                                                                                       
  • Internet bill: The federal Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) helps eligible households pay internet services during COVID. Apply online.                                                                                                                                 
  • Food assistance: Call 800-453-3663 for help or visit the Utahns Against Hunger website.                                                  
  • Medical bills: Contact Utah Health Policy Project at 801-433-2299 for help signing up for health insurance through Utah Medicaid, CHIP or the marketplace.                                                                                                                               
  • Mental health: National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) Utah offers support groups and education in English and Spanish. Phone: 801-323-9900.                                                                             
  • Addiction: Contact Utah Support Advocates for Recovery Awareness  or the Utah Department of Human Services’s website to connect with a recovery group.                                                                                                                                   
  • Domestic violence: Contact the Utah Domestic Violence Coalition, or call 800-897-LINK for free support for victims of domestic violence. If you’re in immediate danger, call 911.                                        
  • Housing discrimination for all protected classes: Contact the Disability Law Center, a nonprofit that protects and advocates for the rights of people with disabilities.                                          

*Complied by the Salt Lake Tribune and Deseret News:
Do you spend more than half your income on rent? Here are resources that can help - Salt Lake Tribune  by Bethany Rodgers, June 10, 2021. Can't pay rent? Utah has $180 million in rental assistance - Deseret News  by Katie McKellar, June 24 2021.

Share This Story