Graduate Assistantship At CAPS
WHAT WE CAN'T OFFER YOU:
- A job that pays as much per hour as the center director.
WHAT WE DO OFFER YOU:
- A stipend on which you may not be able to live comfortably (currently $ 9,820 for 8 months).
- Experience with a wide variety of traditional and non-traditional college students.
- Experience with a range of client problems, from V-codes and adjustment disorders to mood, anxiety, eating, trauma, sexual addiction, and characterological disorders.
- Multiple service modalities: individual, group, outreach & consultation, and supervised supervision of paraprofessionals, if desired.
- The opportunity to be a colleague in a small, energetic, relaxed, good-natured professional setting.
- Supervision by professionals of diverse backgrounds, styles, and expertise, who are committed to your growth as a psychologist-in-training.
- A $100 continuing education allotment to attend a related workshop or conference to further your training.
- Participation in weekly advanced training seminars.
- Inclusion in the Fall and Spring full staff retreats and weekly staff meetings.
- Free attendance at the Annual Fall Conference of the University Counseling Centers of Utah held in Park City, which includes transportation; breakfast and lunch; a chance to hobnob with trainees at other Utah counseling centers; and a choice of various professional development workshops.
- Free attendance at the Center's Annual Professional Conference (past presenters have included such notable speakers as John Norcross, Les Greenberg, Don Meichenbaum, Claudia Black, Joseph LoPiccolo, John Briere, Irvin Yalom and Steven Hayes).
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICATION:
- Applicants should have their masters requirements completed or have the completion date well within their sights.
- Strong preference is given to students who have served or are serving a practicum at CAPS. Applicants should be hard-working, ethical and growth oriented.
- Submit a curriculum vita, a letter fully explaining your interest in and preparation for this particular assistantship, and the names of two professional references familiar with your clinical and interpersonal skills to: LuAnn Helms, Assistant Director, CAPS
Once your materials are received, you will be contacted to schedule an interview with the full professional staff. Assistantships are awarded for the following academic year (Fall & Spring semesters) by February 11th.
*******DEADLINE FOR CURRENT APPLICATIONS IS JANUARY 25, 2013*******