Welcome to the Aggie family!
You’ve got some preparing to do. We are here to help you through all of it. From advising and registration, to helpful tips from current students, we’ve got you covered through SOAR, our required new student orientation program. Before you know it, you’ll be singing the Scotsman and professing your love of Aggie Ice Cream. For now, take your first step by signing up for SOAR.
Timeline for Signing-Up for SOAR (Students attending Fall 2016)
- Ongoing (ASAP): Complete your FAFSA and start signing up for on-campus housing. Spots fill up quickly, so it would be in your best interest to start looking at housing options and apply if you’d like.
- Starting March 15: Sign up for a summer session of the mandatory SOAR program—Student Orientation and Registration. When registering, you will pay your $100 tuition deposit to confirm your enrollment (refundable prior to May 1). You will then also submit a first-semester class request to get you in classes related to your major and academic background (you can change these at SOAR).
- April 6: Priority deadline for SOAR registration and first-semester class requests. Class selection narrows after this date because current students begin to register.
- May 1: Make sure you have signed up for SOAR, since this is the commitment deadline.
- June and July: Complete SOAR, meet with your academic advisor, finish up your schedule, and get all the information you need to prepare for the fall.
- August 17: Pay your tuition and fees by 5:00 p.m. (or postmark them by August 10).
- August 20: Move into your on-campus housing.
- August 24-26: Attend the optional USU 1010 Connections class the week before the semester starts. It’s a great 2-credit class designed to help you meet other people and learn what USU is all about.
- August 29: Begin classes as part of the Aggie family and keep in touch with your peer mentor!