Welcome to the Aggie family!
If you are attending USU for Summer or Fall 2017 semesters stop here. You will be going through a completely different process than SOAR. Check back in January to see what you will be doing to get oriented to the Aggie Family!
If you are attending USU for the Spring 2017 semester, you’ve got some preparing to do. We are here to help you through all of it. From advising and registration, to helpful tips from current students, we’ve got you covered through SOAR, our required new student orientation program. Before you know it, you’ll be singing the Scotsman and professing your love of Aggie Ice Cream. For now, take your first step by signing up for SOAR.
Timeline for Signing-Up for SOAR (Students attending Spring 2017)
- Ongoing (ASAP): Complete your FAFSA and start signing up for on-campus housing. Spots fill up quickly, so it would be in your best interest to start looking at housing options and apply if you’d like.
- Starting October 19: Sign up for a session of the mandatory SOAR program—Student Orientation and Registration. When registering, you will pay your $100 tuition deposit to confirm your enrollment. Online Orientation is also available starting this day.
- November 30, December 9, or December 16: Attend SOAR in-person, meet with your academic advisor, finish up your schedule, and get all the information you need to prepare for the spring.
- December 14: Pay your tuition and fees by 5:00 p.m. (or postmark them by December 7).
- January 9: Begin classes as part of the Aggie family and keep in touch with your A-Team peer mentor!