Welcome to SOAR
SOAR stands for Student Orientation, Advising, and Registration, and that is a good summary of what you will accomplish through the program. Even if you earned college credit or an associates degree while in high school, you will receive information necessary to enroll and succeed in the university setting. As an incoming first-year student, you are required to complete SOAR.
Which Semester will you be starting school?
Registration is currently closed
Registration is currently closed.
Registration is currently closed and will open the first of October
A first year student is anyone who is attending Utah State University for the first time and has not yet completed 24 or more post high school credits (does not include AP or Concurrent Enrollment).
Math Placement Test
Find out if you need to take it
Before you sign up for SOAR check to see if you need to take the Math Placement Exam
New Student Dates & Deadlines
- October 15 – Spring SOAR Registration Opens
- November 18 – SOAR for all new students
- November 21 – General Studies SOAR
- December 1 – General Studies SOAR
- December 3 – First Tuition and Fee Payment Postmark Deadline (Mail)
- December 9 – SOAR for all new students
- December 10 – First Tuition and Fee Payment Due 5:00pm
- January 7 – First day of classes for Spring semester
- Ongoing – Sign up for Housing
- Ongoing – Fill out your Financial Aid papers