Utah State University offers health services that cover the basic medical and wellness care you can receive at a hospital, clinic, and doctor’s office through the Student Health and Wellness Center. USU students, their spouses, and their dependents can receive certain medical and professional services.
Primary care, urgent care, and psychiatric/mental health services are covered by the student health fee. Other services (procedures, labs and imaging) are offered at or near cost. No health insurance is required, but you may bill insurance for any service not covered by the student health fee.
General Medical and Urgent Care
- Respiratory problems
- Sinus and pneumonia concerns
- General dermatology including acne, concerning moles, and rashes
- Gynecological issues
- Orthopedic injuries
- Abdominal complaints
- Urinary tract problems
- Emotional health concerns including anxiety, depression, and ADHD issues among others.
- Sleep problems
Local anesthesia is available if necessary.
- Removal of skin lesions
- Joint and soft tissue injections
- Removal of ingrowing toenails
Psychiatry services are limited to psychiatric assessments, medication management and continuity of care for students requiring on-going medication monitoring. After assessments, USU psychiatrists can provide referrals to off-site psychiatrists and recommend a treatment plan.
- Start, continue, or modify psychiatric medications, as well as provide ongoing medication management.
- Long-term psychotherapy is not available.
Sex-Specific Health Care
Services include general wellness-checks and sexual counseling, sex-specific health care, like for gynecological problems and testing for sexually transmitted infections (STIs), and information related to all aspects of sexuality. We provide sexual health services for all genders, sexual orientations, and sexual experience levels.
- Pap smears
- Contraceptive counseling and prescriptions for non-hormonal and hormonal methods
- IUD placement, implants, natural family planning, emergency contraception
- Acute care for gynecological problems
- Erectile issues
- Sexually Trainsmitted Infections (STI) screening, diagnosis and treatment
- Pre-marital counseling
- Pre-conception counseling
- Pregnancy diagnosis and counseling
- HPV vaccination
There is digital radiology equipment that allows USU healthcare providers to see results quickly and securely on-site. Availiable Starting Fall 2022
For lab tests, a written order from a healthcare provider is required. The Student Health & Wellness Center provides walk-in health screenings and rapid in-house testing.
Both sports medicine and orthopedic rehabilitation for students and athletes are offered. A physician referral for physical therapy is needed to set up an appointment.
- Therapeutic exercise
- Manual therapy
- Range of motion exercises
- Therapeutic massage
- Gait training
- Posture education
- Use of ice, heat, ultrasound or electrical stimulation
Develop the life skills necessary to enhance your personal wellness.
Alcohol, Tobacco and Drug (ATOD) Prevention
No-use and low-risk behaviors are supported while the realities and the negative consequences of high-risk use are addressed. ATOD-related barriers to academic and social successes are primary intervention goals.
- Alcohol and other drug (AOD) assessment
- AOD prevention education for self and others
- 8-hour Prime for Life education
- Individual risk reduction counseling
- Referral to treatment
- Relapse prevention counseling and smoking cessation
- 12-step recovery groups
- Annual Policy Notification/ Distribution of the Federal Drug-Free Schools and Campuses Regulations
Tobacco Cessation Education and Help
- Obtain medication through health care providers
- Individual cessation counseling
Work individually with a registered dietitian for all medical nutrition therapy needs.
- High cholesterol, blood pressure, food allergies and other dietary concerns
- Eating disorders
- Sports nutrition
- Blood glucose control
- Weight management
- Nutrition during pregnancy and lactation
- Other nutrition topics
Health Promotion and Preventive Services provides programs and resources that help you make healthy choices in support of your academic, personal, and professional goals.
An important component to self-care is utilizing resources that can assist you in understanding your health and wellness better and improving your quality of life. Common topics include alcohol and substance abuse, smoking, eating disorders, healthy eating, and more.
Contact Logan SHWC
- Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Summer M-F, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Laboratory: 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Physical Therapy: M-Th, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Schedule an Appointment
For immediate emergencies, call 911
USU Eastern Health and Wellness Services
Utah State University Eastern partners with Eastern Utah Women’s Health to provide health services for all students.
Visit eastern.usu.edu/health-services for more information on services provided and to set up an appointment.
USU Blanding Wellness Center
Affordable Aggie Healthcare
The majority of the Student Health and Wellness Center services are covered by the student health fee. Any service not covered by the student health fee can be billed to your insurance company.
If you do not have insurance, consider looking into USU’s insurance policy through First Underwriters compliant with the Affordable Care Act.USU Health Insurance Information