U.S. Passport Services
USU Card Office is located in the USU Taggart Student Center Room 212 and it is a full service passport facility including photos on site. Follow the steps below to book an appointment with us. Parking tokens for the Big Blue Parking Terrace are available upon request. Passport forms, passport fees, information on how to apply and more can be found on the Department of State’s official website for passport and travel information, www.travel.state.gov. Our office is located in the Taggart Student Center (TSC) at Utah State University, located in Logan, Utah.
PLEASE READ ALL STEPS THOROUGHLY. If documents are missing or incomplete you will be required to reschedule.
You do not need to apply in person and can apply for a renewal online if the following applies:
- You have your passport in your possession, meaning it is not lost or stolen - if so you have to apply for a new one (see next step)
- Your passport is in your current name (or you can legally document the name change)
- Your passport was issued within the last 15 years
- You were 16 or older when it was issued
- It's undamaged other than normal wear and tear
To renew you passport follow these steps:
- A completed renewal application (DS-82 form)
- A new updated passport photo
- A personal check, cashier's check or money order to "U.S. Department of State" for $130 and an extra $60 if you wish to expedite it
- Your latest expired passport
- Mail it to the address listed on the bottom of the renewal application
If these requirements don't apply to you, then you will need to apply for a new passport. Follow the steps below to book an appointment!
Documentation and Applications needed BEFORE your Appointment
Please fill out the DS-11 form before your appointment and have all the items listed below with you:
- Completed Application in BLACK ink - DS-11 form
- Valid Driver’s License or State Issued ID Card (If these are not issued in Utah you will have to bring documentation proving residency in Utah, such as a USU ID or mail sent to your Utah address), Military or Government Issued photo ID (this cannot be a paper temporary license, it must be the permanent plastic license)
- Evidence of US Citizenship - Original Birth Certificate, Naturalization Certificate, Report of Birth Abroad, Certificate of Citizenship or Previous US Passport
- Application payment in a personal check, cashier's check or money order to "U.S. Department of State" for $130 ($100 for minors 17 and under) and an extra $60 if you wish to expedite it (this will be stapled to your application and mailed in, it cannot be paid for with a card).
- Execution (Acceptance) payment in a credit card, cash, personal check, cashier’s check, or money order to Utah State University Card Office for $35
- Passport Photo. We are happy to take it at the time of your appointment for an additional $10
*If you are under the age of 18, please read these additional conditions of applying for a passport. When you have collected and filled out all these forms/documentation you can schedule an appointment with our passport agent (see next step).
Our office is available for appointments Monday-Friday from 9:30am-1:00pm. To set up your appointment schedule online here or call (435) 797-3852 or (435) 797-8162. If you are unable to attend your appointment, please be courteous and reschedule using the link found in the email confirming your appointment.