About This Certificate
USU Eastern is offering students in Price, Utah, the chance to develop industry-specific skills and gain hands-on experience with a Drones Certificate-Certificate of Completion. Students can expect to become a certificated commercial remote pilot, build their own drones, and gain experience in a variety of different professional settings.
What You Will Learn
Students develop a working knowledge of the design, maintenance, and control of unmanned aerial systems (drones), while learning how UAS skills are applied in a variety of careers and professional fields.
At a Glance
College: College of Agriculture and Applied Sciences
Department: Aviation Technology
CC: Price (USU Eastern)
Career And Outcomes
Possible Careers with UAS Certificate:
- Drone Operations
- Drone Design
Office: One Stop 111, Price campus
In addition to Utah State University’s admissions requirements, UAS Certificate program has additional requirements:
- Freshmen: New freshmen admitted to USU in good standing qualify for admission to this major.
- Transfer students: Students transferring from other institutions and students transferring from other USU majors must have a minimum overall GPA of 2.5 to be accepted into the major.
Students must maintain a 2.5 GPA to enter and graduate from the UAS Certificate.
International students have additional admissions requirements.
- Completion of the certificate earns 30 credits applicable to a degree
- Certificate is completed between a single Fall and Spring semester
- Tuition and fees include up to four drones, including student-designed drones
- Minimum 2.5 GPA to begin and complete certificate program
- Entry to the program is possible only during the Fall semester
- Certificate is only available at USU Eastern in Price, UT
Take The Next Step
Schedule a campus tour and come see what it's all about.
Cost and Aid
Learn about tuition, scholarships, and other financial aid opportunities.
How to Apply
Start your degree path and apply now.
You May Also Be Interested In
Aviation Technology - Aviation Management
Research and learn best practices while you get hands-on training in the industry’s latest technology as you prepare for careers in aviation, whether you focus on unmanned aerial systems or airport operations and management.
Aviation Technology - Maintenance Management
Qualify for entry-level work in the airline industry as you gain technical knowledge and hands-on experience with professional instructors and through internships. This major fills FAA pre-reqs for Airframe and Powerplant licensures.
Aviation Technology - Professional Pilot
Whether you’re interested in fixed wing planes or rotorcraft, this major lets you pursue certification to be a professional pilot in a variety of markets and gives you ample experience — approximately 250-300 flight hours — to hone your skills .
Unmanned Aerial Systems Loading...
Develop a working knowledge of the history of drones in conjunction with modern methods of design, maintenance, control of unmanned aerial systems. This minor is a great complement for many majors and careers.