About This Degree
The Health Education and Promotion (HEP) Master of Public Health (MPH) program at USU trains students to be leaders in the field of Public Health. HEP MPH graduates are well prepared for careers in health care settings, academic institutions, local, state, and federal health agencies, private industry, and non-profit organizations.
The Health Education and Promotion MPH degree emphasizes the behavioral, social and cultural factors related to individual and population health and health disparities over the life span. Learn to promote and sustain healthy environments and healthy lives for individuals and populations.
What You Will Learn
Students receive training in program planning and evaluation, social determinates of health, health communication, quantitative and qualitative public health methods, health behavior, health policy, leadership, and systems thinking.
Career And Outcomes
Students who complete a MPH degree in Health Education and Promotion can seek out diverse positions in public health organizations that offer opportunities for leadership roles, professional development, and higher pay and benefits. These organizations include:
- Local, state, and federal health agencies
- Colleges and universities
- Health care organizations
- Utah Department of Workforce Services
- Community social service organizations
- International health programs and aid agencies
Potential positions for MPH graduates include:
- Disaster and emergency specialist
- Medical and health services manager
- Public health educator
- Public health nurse
- Medical social worker
REQUEST FOR INFORMATION AND ADVISING
*This degree is available at various USU locations.
- Brigham City
- Castle Dale
- Cedar City
- Cortez (CO)
- Heber City
- Montezuma Creek
- Monument Valley
- Park City
- Price (USU Eastern)
- Roosevelt (Uintah Basin)
- Salt Lake
- St George
- Vernal (Uintah Basin)
**This degree is 100% available online. USU is a SARA-approved institution offering fully online programs nationwide; please visit USU's state authorizations for details.
- This program is offered fully online. Students who are located in Utah have access to resources from the campus that they are located closest to.
- Because this program is online it does not meet VISA requirements for international students to study in person on campus. International students can still complete this program online from their home country.
Take The Next Step
You May Also Be Interested In
Earn an advanced degree and specialize in health education, exercise science, corporate wellness, or sports medicine as you gain research and practical experience.
Earn your credentials as a coach and physical education teacher as you take courses either in Logan or across the state.