ETE Conference Frequently Asked Questions
Breakout Session Presenter
Where is the Conference venue, and when is the event?
The ETE Conference will be held Taggart Student Center (TSC) on Logan Campus Wednesday, August 17, 2022. Registration will be located just outside the TSC Ballroom. The opening ceremony, keynote address, and lunch will be held with the TSC Ballroom while breakout sessions will be held in Widtsoe Hall, Eccles Science Learning Center, and the Life Sciences Building. For more detailed information, please view the full schedule webpage.
How long do I have to present?
Presentations for morning session (A-D) will have 25min to present. Afternoon sessions (E & F) will have 45min. Any discussion, Q&A or other interactive activities with your session attendees should take place within that time frame. Please to the room 5-10 minutes before your scheduled time to ensure that presentations transition as smoothly as possible.
How will I be introduced?
An ETE designated moderator will introduce you at the beginning of your session using the 100 word bio which was submitted as part of your session proposal. Your moderator will also inform you when you have 5 minutes remaining, 1 minute, and then signaling that time has expired.
How can I share slides from my presentation?
If you would like to provide attendees access to your slides, you will need to email your presentation to Travis Thurston or upload it directly to the conference box folder by Monday, August 8, 2022 to add to your session page. Remember to use the ETE Conference PPT Template for formatting.
What do I need to know about my pre-recorded session?
- Start by using the ETE Conference PPT Template for formatting your slides. These sessions should be no longer than 25 minutes. Our 25 minute sessions take q&a into account, so aim for closer to 15-20 minutes for your pre-recorded session.
- We encourage you to utilize the recording studio in DE 101 on Logan campus, however we recognize this won't be possible for everyone. Please feel free to record your session on your own at home or from your office. There are a number tools that can record your session including conferencing apps like Zoom or Kaltura.
- Please upload your presentation in a .mp4 or .mov video file to the designated Box folder that was sent to you in your session acceptance email, by Monday, August 1, 2022. For additional questions about these sessions please contact Shelley Arnold.
Will my live presentation by recorded?
Synchronous sessions held Widtsoe Hall 007, Eccles Science Learning Center 053 will be recorded and posted on the ETE YouTube Channel.
Where should I park for the conference?
There are many options for parking at the Conference. For options, please review the "Parking" webpage.
Panel Session Guidelines
What do I need to do if I'm hosting a panel session?
As the host of a panel session, you are responsible for coordinating the individuals that will be participating on the panel. It will also be your responsibility to introduce yourself, and lead introductions of your panel members at the beginning of the session. As host you should have questions prepared beforehand to facilitate discussion, and/or have panel members be prepared to address specific topics during the session.
Panel sessions run concurrently with other breakout sessions. Please have all of your panel members arrive at your session location 5-10 minutes before your scheduled time to ensure that presentations transition as smoothly as possible. If you will be using a PowerPoint presentation during your session, please use the ETE Conference PPT Template.
For any additional questions or concerns, please contact Shelley Arnold, firstname.lastname@example.org
What do I need to do if I'm moderating a session?
When moderating a breakout session at the ETE Conference, your primary job is to help the session start and end on time. As you bring the attendees to order when it is time to begin, please take 30 seconds to introduce yourself (name, position at USU, member of the ETE Committee, etc.) and then read the bio of the presenter. The bios will be clearly labeled and located on the podiums or computer stands in each room. After reading the bio turn the floor over to the presenter and move to the rear of the room. You'll also need record the number of the attendees at the session and keep an eye on the time. Put your hand up to notify the presenter when there are 5 minutes remaining, and again when there is 1 minute remaining to cue the presenter that they are nearly out of time. When time is up, return to the front of the room to take the floor, thank the presenter, and excuse the attendees to move on to the next session.
For any additional questions or concerns, please contact Cree Taylor, email@example.com
What do I need to know if I'm hosting an exhibit/booth?
The Exhibit Hall for the ETE Conference will be in the Sunburst Lounge (TSC 236). All booths will be located here as it is a high traffic area for the conference, and where the dessert social will be hosted. The conference will run from 8am – 4:30pm, and the Exhibit Hall will be open from 12:30pm – 2:30pm.
- Plan to setup your booth no later than 11:00am, or between 4-5pm the afternoon before the event. Booths should be cleared by 5pm the day of the event.
- We anticipate that peak visiting time will occur between 12pm-1pm (during lunch)
ETE will provide:
- One table (3’ x 8’)
- access to power for monitors or other electronics
You will need to provide:
- Computer (if applicable)
- Projector or flat screen monitor (if applicable)
- Any other handouts, swag, or materials you might need
- Easel (if applicable)
- Signage (AIS entities will have a poster provided)
Please remember to register for the conference if you are hosting a booth, and you are welcome to eat lunch in the TSC Ballroom as well.
For any additional questions or concerns, please contact Polly Conrad, firstname.lastname@example.org