Pledge to be #AggieEnergyWise
As Aggies, we are dedicated to decreasing our environmental footprint by conserving our energy resources. Join your fellow Aggies and President Elizabeth Cantwell in pledging to be #AggieEnergyWise!
Students, faculty, and staff are proudly working together to save energy on campus by following the university’s Energy Conservation and Emissions Reduction Policy. As a member of the USU community, I pledge to:
- Use power saving or modes on equipment and power off computers, screens, and power strips when leaving for more than two days.
- Shut off office equipment such as printers and copiers at the end of the day.
- Turn off lights when a space is not in use.
- Switch to energy-saving, cost-effective LEDs.
- Choose a smart power strip to avoid leaking electricity.
- Learn more about places where phantom loads may be lurking.
- Close blinds at the end of the day or in direct summer sunlight.
- Close windows when the outside temperature is above 74 or below 68 degrees.
- Share appliances such as refrigerators and microwaves.
- Dress with the weather in mind to ensure personal comfort.
- Contact Facilities at (435) 797-3535 or fill out a service request form for HVAC adjustments and/or to assess and correct chronic problems.
Take the Pledge
Join USU President Elizabeth Cantwell and 108 other Aggies in signing the pledge!
Join Fellow Aggies!
Show us how you're conserving energy by posting on social media with #AggieEnergyWise!