Pledge to be #AggieEnergyWise
As Aggies, we are dedicated to lessening our environmental footprint by conserving our energy resources. Join your fellow Aggies in pledging to be #AggieEnergyWise!
Students, faculty, and staff are proudly working together to conserve energy on campus by following the university’s Energy Conservation and Emissions Reduction Policy. As a member of the USU community, I pledge to:
- Enable power saving or sleep modes on equipment whenever available. Power off computers, screens, and power strips when leaving for more than two days.
- Shut off office equipment such as printers and copiers at the end of the day.
- Turn off lights in on-campus housing, offices, classrooms, laboratories, and conference rooms when not in use.
- Opt for computers, appliances, and equipment with ENERGY STAR or EPEAT ratings when buying devices. Incentives may be available for some equipment! Email email@example.com to find out more.
- Switch from inefficient incandescent bulbs to energy-saving, cost-effective LEDs.
- Choose a smart power strip to avoid leaking electricity. Learn more about places phantom loads may be lurking in your home or office.
- Close blinds at the end of the day or in direct summer sunlight. Close windows when the outside temperature is above 74 or below 68 degrees.
- Share commonplace appliances such as refrigerators and microwaves.
- Plan ahead. Dress with the weather in mind to ensure personal comfort. Discontinue the use of space heaters. Contact Facilities at (435) 797-3535 or fill out a service request form for HVAC adjustments and/or to assess and correct chronic problems.
Take the Pledge
Your commitment will be publicly posted among the many other Aggies who have pledged to energy conservation.
Show us how you're conserving energy by posting on social media with #AggieEnergyWise!