Gaining Early Awareness and Readiness for Undergraduate Programs
GEAR UP is a federally funded program to assist low income students in Cache County High Schools to be successful now and plan for their future.
9th - 11th Grades
GEAR UP students get the support and help they need to be successful in high school now while they set goals and make plans for after graduation.
- Class Registration Planning
- College Tours
- Skill Workshops
- Career exploration
- Family Support Meeting
11th - 12th Grades
Our goal is to equip GEAR UP students and their families with the knowledge, skills, and the desire to to graduate and then aspire higher.
- ACT Prep
- College Applications
- Financial aid and Scholarship information
- College tours and comparisons
- Career Exploration
- Family Support Meetings
- Graduate with Pride
Freshmen in College
First-Year Services of GEAR UP offers resources thru the beginning year at the college of your choice. Get a boost while moving towards earning your degree.
- Registration assistance
- Deferment assistance if planing on military, mission, etc.
- Financial Aid helps and reminders
- College Major exploration
- Help finding resources and connections