Withdrawal Refund Policy
If you withdraw your application, the application fee is nonrefundable, but may be applied to another program within one year of the application date if you decide to postpone studying abroad. The deposit is nonrefundable and program fees are refundable according to the Withdrawal Refund Policy below. Tuition is refundable according to university semester policy, with the exception of tuition for summer faculty-led programs which is nonrefundable.
If you have a compelling reason (medical, illness/death in immediate family, academic, military, unanticipated financial situation or other) to withdraw from the program and provide supporting documentation, Study Abroad will consider an appeal sent via email. See the Refund Appeal form for details on how to appeal.
If the appeal is accepted, the amount of the refund will be at the sole discretion of Study Abroad. Refund appeals will be considered up to 90 days after the date of withdrawal.
Withdrawal Refund Policy for Study Abroad Programs
- Application Fee ($150) is nonrefundable, but can be applied to another program
- Program Fee Deposit ($500) is nonrefundable
- Program Fee Balance:
- Full refund if withdrawal is greater than 90 days before program start date
- Partial refund based on recoverable costs 30 to 89 days before program start date
- No refund if withdrawal is less than 30 days before program start date
Exceptions to this policy may be granted for circumstances beyond the students' control, including but not limited to:
- Program cancellation
- Medical emergency
- Family emergency
See the Refund Appeal form for details on how to appeal. Direct program providers may have policies which take precedence over this policy.