Colloquia & Seminars
Host: JR Dennison
February 27, 2024 | Tuesday | 3:00 - 4:00 pm
Bio: Dr. D.M. Riffe is an Associate Professor in the Utah State University Department of Physics. He achieved his BS in Physics from Wake Forest University before attending graduate school at Cornell for both his MS and PhD degrees. His currently researching vibrational dynamics at metal surfaces using embedded-atom-method modeling, and Boltzmann transport equation based modeling of carrier dynamics in metals.
- Austin Egert, Ionospheric Physics: What Is It and Why Does It Matter?
- Sterling Smith, Targeted and Statistical Validation of Turbulent Transport Models in Tokamak Fusion Plasmas
- Shuang Xu, Satellite Observations of Atmospheric Gravity Waves in the Stratosphere and Thermosphere
- Kevin Silverman, Semiconductor Quantum Dots for Photonic Quantum Applications
- Rod Heelis, Dynamics in the Earth’s Upper Atmosphere seen by the Ionospheric Connections (ICON)Explorer
- Lucas Enright, Developing Standards for Millimeter-Wave Material Properties
- Moein Borghei, The Orbitron Fusion Reactor: Electrostatic Challenges and Innovations
- Emily Willis, Space Environments for Exploration Systems