Bulk Mail Services
Bulk (large quantity) Mail Services
Bulk Mail is a general term describing large quantity mailings that can qualify for postage discounts. In order to qualify for these discounts such mailings must be processed and addressed through Distribution. The U.S. Postal Service has specific regulations and procedures for the processing of bulk mail. If these regulations are not followed, the USPS will return the mailing for resorting. Unapproved or incorrect use of the University Non-Profit Permit can jeopardize the University’s Non-Profit mailing privileges. If these mailings are not addressed by Distribution, they will not qualify as a "bulk" mailing, or receive any postage discounts.
- Always print and send us at least 25 extra pieces of you mailing to aid us compensating for machine errors and in setting up the job.
- Non-profit and Standard class mail qualifies at the least expensive letter rates at up to 6 x 11 (vertical) x (horizontal) inches in size. Magazines and larger flat mailers also qualify for Non-profit rates. We have FREE templates to help with your design.
- No tape, staples, or small hand tabs on folded self-mailers.
- Allow at least 4 (horizontal) x 2 (vertical) inches of clear space for the address to be printed on the mail piece.
- It is advisable, though not required, to leave the bottom 5/8 inch of any mail piece clear of printing. The Post Office often uses this space for a bar code label.
- It is always a good idea to talk to us, or get approval on an anticipated bulk mailing.
- Samples of permit imprints for First Class Presort, Non-profit, and Standard mail can be obtained from Distribution.
- Samples of acceptable mailing formats.
- Samples of unacceptable mailing formats.
To qualify for a “First-Class Presort" class bulk mailing, you must have a minimum of 500 pieces. All mail pieces must be the same weight. All pieces must be sent within the U.S. and Distribution must process through NCOA (National Change of Address) and have an Intelligent Mail Bar Code applied.
Standard Class and Non-Profit
To qualify for a “Standard" class or a "Non-Profit" class bulk mailing, you must have a minimum of 200 pieces. All mail pieces must be identical material and weight. All pieces must be sent within the U.S. and Distribution must process through NCOA (National Change of Address) and have an Intelligent Mail Bar Code applied.
Non-Profit/Bulk Mail Services
We address, fold, insert, seal, tab, match envelopes to contents, and organize mailings for surveys. We fold, insert and seal #10 envelopes up to 9 x 12 envelopes with up to six inserts. We can also work with other formats, even if they are not bulk mail, call us. We will address large quantities of mail even if you do not intend to send them at the non-profit rate, call us. In fact, It is a great idea to give us a call if you have any questions regarding preparation of large mailings, especially prior to printing! Call: (435)-797-0875, or (435)-797-0876.
Free General Memo Delivery
Central Distribution provides a "General Memo Delivery Service” free of charge. This is a not specifically addressed memo. An example is, “Inside USU”. A general memo is only for inter-department use, no outside vendors. The number of pieces needed for a "General Memo" is 250.
We have several lists for addressing campus mailings. We can do custom lists. Be sure to add at least 25 extra pieces for machine set-up. Quantities for various lists for campus mailings are listed below:
- Combined (Faculty, Administrative, and Employees): 3725
- Admin/Faculty: 1400
- Administrative: 200
- Faculty: 1200
*NOTE: These counts are subject to change without notice. Call Distribution for latest counts.
|1||Campus Mail List||$40-50|
|2||Machine Set up||$15 (per machine)|
|3||NCOA Process||$10 min. – over 1000 $.01 ea.|
|4||Machine Insert||$.0275 ea. – Matching $.05 ea.|
|6||Machine Seal||$.0175 ea. – lrg env $.05|
|8||Extra imprint, indicia/ret, addr.||$.0175 ea. per item|
|9||Tab||$.0325 ea. clear tabs|
|10||Hand Insert, Seal, and/or Label||$.10 ea. + $.02 ea add pc per action|
|12||Off-Site Permit Use||Call 797-1875 for details|
|13||List Management||$50.00/hr - $25.00 min.|
|14||Rush||$10.00 min. 1000+ $.005 ea|
|15||Extra Delivery||$5.00 initial - $1.00 ea. after first 3 parcels|
|16||Extra Pick-Up||$5.00 initial - $1.00 ea. after first 3 parcels|
Acceptable Mail Formatting Samples
Unacceptable Mail Formatting Samples
Our goal is to help you maximize your design ideas while still complying with US postal regulations.
Please call (435)-797-0875 or (435)-797-0876 to discuss your design plans.