Science Writing Center
Tutors at the Science Writing Center conduct face-to-face sessions and specialize in helping students become more effective at expressing their ideas in scientific writing. Please come to us with:
- lab reports
- annotated bibliographies
- research papers
- presentations and posters
- resumes and cover letters, and
- any other genre of scientific writing
Select "Science Writing Center" under
"Choose a schedule."
What to expect in a tutoring session
Our goal is to help students apply the writing skills they’re learning in core English classes to their work in the sciences. Like the Writing Center as a whole, we are not proofreaders who simply fix grammatical errors. Our main focus will be larger issues like content and organization. We strive to:
- Increase the confidence of student writers
- Cultivate the skills students need to create effective scientific documents
- Teach students that writing skills can and should be applied beyond the boundaries of their English papers
PLEASE NOTE: To help the Science Writing Center give you the best possible advice, please bring a copy of the assignment description. All students are responsible for understanding their instructors’ expectations and the university’s academic honesty and integrity policies.