Skip to content
How do I encourage my students to use the Science Writing Center?
- This flyer explains to students how to make an appointment and can be posted on Canvas.
- Students are more likely to meet with a tutor at the Science Writing Center if instructors require it or offer extra credit.
- Students receive a report form after their tutoring session and can submit a screen shot to a Canvas assignment to receive credit.
- Students have the option to submit drafts when they make an appointment. Tutors can read and comment on students' papers prior to meeting with them.
- We offer in-person, video/audio, and written feedback appointments.
What other services does the Science Writing Center offer?
- The Science Writing Center offers workshops for the NSF GRFP, URCO grants, graduate school essays, and medical school applications.
- Kendall Becker (firstname.lastname@example.org), the Science Writing Center Assistant Director, provides:
- Assignment design consulations
- Feedback on assignment descriptions
- Class lessons or materials to familiarize your students with your assignment expectations
- Presentations to departments about how instructors can use the Science Writing Center
- Writing resources for undergraduate and graduate students
Resources for your students:
How to Teach Yourself to Write a Manuscript
Scientific Writing Tips and Exercises
How to Email your Instructor
Reading and Summarizing Scientific Literature