USU Staff Employee Recognition
Work with someone who deserves some extra recognition for their outstanding work? Receive extra help from a USU employee, above and beyond their "job description?" Consider nominating them as an SEA Employee of the Month!
Employee of the Month Award
- Nominees must be in a benefit-eligible position, have been employed at Utah State University for a minimum of one year, must be a current employee, and haven't been selected as an employee of the month within the last three years.
- Nominations, once received remain valid for one year.
- Nominations may be made by faculty, staff, or students.
- The SEA Employee of the Month recognition is awarded each month to an outstanding SEA employee, that's 12 employees each year.
- Selected employees will receive a certificate commemorating their achievement and a monetary award of $100.
- All SEA employees will have the chance to vote for an Employee of the Year from among the 12 Employee of the Month recipients each calendar year. The awardee will be announced at the annual luncheon and will receive a $1,000 monetary award.
How to Nominate an SEA Employee
- Complete the online Nomination Form.
- Within the Nomination Form, upload a letter of nomination. When preparing the letter of nomination, please describe how the employee has excelled in these areas:
- Productivity and quality of work / creativity and innovation.
- Dependability and reliability.
- Knowledge and expertise.
- Ability to get along with others - students, faculty, and staff.
- Going the extra mile without being asked.
- Making a vital contribution toward achieving the goals of the office, division or university.
- Exhibiting a positive attitude.
You may be contacted by a member of the SEA Employee Relations Committee for additional information. All nominees will be considered for a full calendar year.