SEA Scholarship & Professional Development Award
Staff Employee Association Educational Scholarship
This SEA scholarship assists staff members who are attending USU with a degree completion goal. This is one-time award of $100 per credit, up to $500 per semester, for Fall and Spring semesters.
SEA Educational Scholarship recipients are selected based on their financial need (FAFSA), USU GPA, and a statement of professional and academic goals.
Staff Employee Association Professional Development Award
The SEA professional development award assists staff who want to attend a conference or workshop that expands their skills related to their work at USU. This award covers no more than half the cost of the conference or workshop registration up to $500. Departmental funds must also support this award.
There are two application periods: January 1-January 20 and July 1-July 21 each year. Applications made outside those periods will not be considered.
- Completed applications must be submitted prior to the deadline. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Please allow 30 days from the last day of submission for a decision to be made.
- For the SEA Education Scholarship, the funds will be processed and will appear in the employee-student account before the tuition and fee deadline for the respective semester.
- For the SEA Professional Development Award, the funding will be processed through the financial officer in the business office of your department with funding for the conference or workshop.
- All applicants will be notified by email when a decision has been made on either award.
- Recipients of scholarships and awards will be announced on the SEA website and shared during SEA events as appropriate.
Thanks to the generous contributions of USU SEA members, more than 173 employees and/or their family members have been awarded over $60,000 in scholarships since 1989. We are very proud to assist in all education and professional development goals.
Our goal is to award more money to more employees, but we need your help! Sign up to contribute through payroll deduction using the on-line payroll deduction form, or by downloading, filling out and sending in your donation form. If all employees were to donate just $1 per month (just $12 a year), we would increase our awarding capabilities by approximately $4,000, and more scholarships could be awarded to more employees.