Device Demonstration and Loans
UATP is dedicated to helping people find the assistive technology that is right for them.
We provide AT demonstrations to show people with disabilities their options. We also allow people to "check out" assistive technology from our demonstration libraries, so that they can be sure it will fill their needs before they make a purchase. We do this through our locations in Logan and the Uintah Basin, and through referrals to other organizations.
For more information, contact Dan O'Crowley in Logan at 435-797-0699 or Cameron Cressall in the Uintah Basin, or call our toll free-number: 800-524-5152.
The Utah Assistive Technology Program has two lending libraries, in Logan and the Uintah Basin. Demonstrations and loans of assistive technology are provided to people who need it at both locations.
Both locations also build custom-made, low-tech devices for people who need them, usually for the cost of materials.
They also help repurpose used equipment, getting it into the hands of people who need it at an affordable cost. For more information, visit our reuse page.
UATP has hundreds of devices geared to helping people with disabilities become more independent. Most can be checked out; all can be demonstrated in Logan and the Uintah Basin. To find out what types of devices are available, visit our library page.
Additional Demonstration & Lending Resources in Utah
Utah's Independent Living Centers
- Utah Independent Living Center (Salt Lake, Summit and Tooele counties)
- Active Re-Entry (Eastern Utah)
- Red Rock Center for Independence (Southwest Utah)
- Roads to Independence (Weber, Davis and Morgan counties)
- Options for Independence (Box Elder, Cache and Rich counties)
- Ability 1st (Utah, Wasatch, Juab and Sanpete counties)
- Utah Center for Assistive Technology (Salt Lake City)
- Utah Assistive Technology Teams (focuses on school-aged children in Utah)
- Services for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Services for the Blind and Visually Impaired
- Utah Parent Center (Services for school-aged children with disabilities and their families)