Demonstration & Loan Library
The Logan and Uintah Basin locations are both stocked with high- and low-tech devices that can be demonstrated, giving clients the opportunity to “try before you buy.”
You can also call our toll-free number: 800-524-5152.
Most items can be “checked out,” and all can be demonstrated at UATP in Logan and the Uintah Basin.
Links and videos included below do not imply endorsement.
Aids to Daily Living
- Gardening tools
- Liftware eating utensils. View this independent video for more information
- Mobility devices including wheelchairs, canes and walkers
- Vehicle adaptions
- Voice-activated electronic assistants (Alexa and Chrome). For more information, view our training video on YouTube
- Adapted eating utensils & a feeding kit; includes custom-made, adapted silverware
- iRobot Roomba vacuum
- Mynotifi fall detection, alert and prevention system. A demonstration video from KSAT 12 is available on YouTube.
- Modular hose (used for mounting devices, Logan location only)
- Knee scooters (several are available for loan)
- Sock slider
- Talking photo album (demo only)
Augmentative & Alternative Communication (AAC)
- Software for both Apple and personal computers, including Boardmaker
- AAC apps including LAMP Words for Life, TouchChat + WordPower, Snap + Core, Predictable and ProLoQuo2Go
For the Blind & Visually Impaired
- Talking book player (demo only)
- Victor Readerstream (a video demonstration by the Statewide Vision Resource Centre is available on YouTube)
- Large print tablet with bold line pads (demo only)
- Large print address book
- Tactile dice
- Talking watch
- Apps for people with vision loss
For the Deaf & Hard of Hearing
- HomeAware Telephone Ring Signaller
- Pocket talker
- Captioned phone
- Shake and flash alarm
- Relay apps for sign language users (all FREE)
- Apps for reading and comprehension
- C-Pen reader (the CodPast offers a video introduction)
- Large print keyboards
- Programs and assistive devices for people who have difficulty using a mouse or keyboard, including JAWS, Dragon, and NaturallySpeaking
- Smart pens (a video demonstration is availabe on our YouTube channel)
For Many, Many Application
- Custom-made AT (can also be made on request, usually for the cost of materials).
- For specific examples, visit our blog.