"Invest in your future" - Financial Wisdom
Below are some links to help you make informed decisions about budgeting and financial aid.
- Don't Fall for These 5 College Scholarship Scams - US News and World Report
- 11 Steps to Relief From Federal Student Loans - US News and World Report
- New Tools Find Cheap Private Student Loans - US News and World Report
- How Much Money Should I Borrow for College? - US News and World Report
- How much Is That College Degree Really Worth? - US News and World Report
- College Students: Don't Limit Dreams with Debt - Christian Science Monitor
- Students Make Costly Mistakes with Financial Aid - US News and World Report
Online Budgeting Tools:
- Managing Your Money - Mapping your future
- Budget Calculator - US Department of Education
- What would my loan payments be? - Utah Higher Education Assistance Authority
- Housing and Financial Counseling - Utah State University Family Life Center - (435) 797-7224
- Your Federal Student Loans - Learn the Basics & Manage Your Debt - US Department of Education
Other Useful Financial Aid Sites and Tools
- Annual Credit Report - request a free credit report once every 12 months
- USU Perkins Loan Request Forms
- FAFSA on the Web - apply for financial aid on-line!
- UHEAA - information about Utah student financial aid programs and loans.
- Contact your Representative
- Contact your Senator
- The U.S. Department of Education - includes the latest Student Guide, FAFSA on the Web, title IV codes and more.
- IRS.gov - IRS Publication 970 - Tax Benefits for Education
- Mapping Your Future - information about choosing a career, paying for your education, and more.
- NSLDS Student Access - National Student Loan Data System database for student aid
- Student Loan Ombudsman - Student Loan Ombudsman Contact Information
- UtahFutures.org - Education and Career Planning
- Currency Convertor - xe.com
"Interest never sleeps"
“It is a rule of our financial and economic life in all the world that interest is to be paid on borrowed money. May I say something about interest? Interest never sleeps nor sickens nor dies; it never goes to the hospital; it works on Sundays and holidays; it never takes a vacation; it never visits or travels; it takes no pleasure; it is never laid off work nor discharged from employment; it never works on reduced hours;...
Once in debt, interest is your companion every minute of the day and night; you cannot shun it or slip away from it; you cannot dismiss it; it yields neither to entreaties, demands, or orders, and whenever you get in its way or cross its course or fail to meet its demands, it crushes you.” — J. R. Clark