Step outside the classroom into another country, culture and perhaps even a life-changing experience. Students who study abroad immerse themselves in different cultures and languages, as well as gain global perspectives, friends and unforgettable experiences. With partnerships at over 150 universities, in over 85 countries, and many USU faculty-led programs, students can go just about anywhere and study anything, regardless of language skills.
Take your education outside the classroom and outside the mountains of Utah. The Office of Global Engagement connects you with opportunities to study abroad in over 80 countries at over 150 universities. Enhance your education by immersing yourself in a different culture, living like a local, and gaining some ‘real world’ experience.
Programs could be anywhere from 10 days to a full academic or calendar year. Many programs are offered in English and require no second language skills, though language learning opportunities are also available. Gain hands-on and experiential learning – find the right program fit for you. Programs are offered through USU (faculty-led) and programs like International Student Exchange Progam (ISEP), International Studies Abroad (ISA), Council on International Educational Exchange (CIEE), School for International Training (SIT), Study Abroad Italy (SAI), and Semester at Sea (SAS).
Visit with your financial aid counselor about using loans, scholarships, and grants toward your study abroad program.
Get Updates on Study Abroad
Be the first to know about fairs, programs, workshops and scholarships. Sign up for the Study Abroad email list.
Reasons to Study Abroad
- Earn USU credits towards your degree
- Enhance your resume; USU Career Services can help you add this to your resume
- Give service to others; learn about opportunities to volunteer, like Youthlinc
- Fund your studies with financial aid and scholarships; plus, a lot of programs are based on USU tuition
- Increase your language skills -- or not; you don’t have to do a language immersion program, but you can
- Change your global perspective
- Gain ‘real-world’ experience
- Make friends from other cultures
- Learn about your program in a hands-on setting
- Tour beautiful wonders of the world
Study abroad will be one of the more enriching and eye-opening experiences of your life. It gives me chills to think about what it has done for me. To learn how to be independent in another country, learn and adapt to a new culture, and possibly a new language is one of the best things you can do for yourself. That being said, engage as much as possible! Speak their language and follow their habits, you're there to learn and GROW!