The Institute of Government and Politics is always looking for new internship opportunities for our students. At the IOGP, we vet candidates before we send them to you to ensure they are prepared, qualified, and a good fit for your organization. If you are interested in hosting a USU intern through the IOGP, please submit the form below. If you have any questions, contact IOGP Intern Coordinator, Sara Jensen, at email@example.com.
Intern Request Form
- The internship is similar to training which would be given in an educational environment.
- The internship experience is for the benefit of the intern.
- The intern does not displace regular employees, but works under close supervision of existing staff.
- The employer that provides the training derives no immediate advantage from the activities of the intern; and on occasion its operations may actually be impeded.
- The intern is not necessarily entitled to a job at the conclusion of the internship.
- The level of internship compensation, or lack thereof, is made clear from the onset, as are the internship start and end dates.