Scholar of the Year 2022
The Scholar of the Year Award is given each year to recognize and encourage excellence in scholarship and/or creative activities. Service and student activity involvement may also be considered in the selection process, but the main emphasis is on scholarly achievement.
Each college dean will appoint a committee to select an outstanding student scholar from each college. Nominees must be on schedule to receive a bachelor's degree at this year's commencement ceremony (meaning they completed their bachelor's degree the previous sumer, fall or current spring). The Office of the Provost & Chief Academic Officer will appoint a committee to select the Scholar of the Year from the eight college nominees. The award recipient will be recognized at the annual Robins Award Ceremony in April.View current and previous award recipients
Scholar of the Year Recipients
Andrew Kjar, College of Engineering, 2021
Jared Bryan, College of Science, 2020
David Maughan, College of Science, 2019
Christian Morrill, College of Engineering, 2018
Darcie Christensen, College of Engineering, 2017
Nathan Stacey, College of Engineering, 2016
Allison Fife, Jon M. Huntsman School of Business, 2015
Briana Bowen, College of Humanities and Social Sciences, 2014
Brooke Siler, Jon M. Huntsman School of Business, 2013
Mark E. Noble, College of Science, 2012
Kristina Morrey, Emma Eccles Jones College of Education and Human Services, 2011
Angela Dixon, College of Engineering, 2010
Jennifer Roth, College of Science, 2009
Scott Davis, College of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences, 2007
Nominees must demonstrate outstanding academic success and show evidence of scholarly activities such as:
- Completion of undergraduate research,
- Receipt of an URCO or other undergraduate research grant,
- Participation as a writing fellow, teaching assistant, undergraduate teaching fellow, research assistant, supplemental instruction (SI) leader,
- Participation in performances or other artistic endeavors,
- Participation in presentations at professional conferences,
- Completion of scholarly publications,
- Participation in the Honors Program,
- Participation in professional or scholarly organizations,
- Completion of a senior project or thesis.
Deadline for submission: Friday, January 28, 2022.
The following nomination materials must be prepared in 12 pt. font, pdf format, and should not exceed 15 pages nor contain personal photos. The professional portrait mentioned below will be used for marketing after a candidate is chosen and will not be available to the selection committee.
- Letter written by the faculty member best suited to address the student’s scholarly achievements and impact of their scholarly work
- Narrative summary of the scholarly work and impact written by the student
- A summary of service and student activity involvement written by the student
- Transcript including fall grades
- Curriculum vitae
- Short biography (two paragraph maximum)
- Professional portrait
Materials must be submitted in PDF format via electronic form.
For more information on the Scholar of the Year Award, please contact:
Janet B. Anderson
Phone: (435) 797-2104