Incident Reporting

Employer's First Report of Injury

The Employer's First Report of Injury is used to report injury or illness to USU employees while they are at work.  

This report is for USU employees and volunteers only.  Students please use the General Incident Report below.

Vehicle Accident Reporting

The USU Vehicle Accident Report form is to be used by USU employees who have been involved in an accident while driving a USU vehicle. If there is a claim involving a driver who is not an employee of USU, the driver should contact USU Risk Management directly at 435-797-1951 or

  • USU drivers should always contact the police after an accident, even if the accident involves only the USU vehicle or happened while the vehicle is unattended.  The police report is used to provide an impartial report and document the time, place, and damages done to the involved vehicles.
  • Take pictures of the damage and include them in the accident report.  The Utah Division of Risk Management always asks for pictures to help them process the claim.
  • If you are reporting the accident for another person, be sure you used the contact information and home address for the driver, not for yourself.  The Utah Division of Fleet Management requires this information to process the claim.
  • The Division of Fleet Management validates your driver's license address against their records of who has passed the State Defensive Driver Training.  If your driver's license doesn't validate, we can't file the claim. How to complete the State Defensive Driver Training.

Property Loss Reporting

The USU Property Loss Report is used to report damage to or loss of USU property.

General Incident Reporting

The General Incident Report is used to report all other incidents. 

Employees reporting a workplace injury should not use this form.