With the well being of international travelers as a top priority, Utah State University has contracted with International SOS to provide travel assistance services for the university community traveling abroad on university business or sponsored activities. International SOS provides security and medical evacuation services, and a variety of online health, safety, and security resources.
Before you leave, prepare yourself
- Access accurate, real-time information from the International SOS Member Portal. View country guides, online medical and security reports, and sign up for health and safety email alerts.
- Call an assistance center for pre-travel information (e.g. vaccination, required medication, and travel security concerns.)
- Download the Assistance App
While abroad, stay healthy, safe and secure.
Contact International SOS when you:
- Require health, safety, and security advice
- Need to speak with an experienced internationally trained specialist
- Need a specialist (referral) credentialed by International SOS
- Require supplies of medication or equipment
- Need travel advice on loss of travel documents or legal assistance
In an emergency, call International SOS right away to:
- Arrange transportation
- Monitor your condition and advise
- Evacuate you to a center of excellence if local facilities are inadequate or to a safe meeting point when necessary
- Contact USU
Travel abroad can bring unforeseen stress and strain to students, faculty and staff members. That is why USU has added a 24/7 emotional support service to the international travel assistance program to help support travelers’ mental and emotional, as well as, physical wellbeing.
International SOS, in partnership with WorkPlace Options, provides short-term counseling services to USU travelers, providing psychological supprt while they are traveling internationally.
- Mental health professionals supporting travelers in more than 60 languages.
- Support available through the International SOS Dedicated line (+1 215.942.8478) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- Access to counseling sessions.
- Phone, video-call, or face-to-face counseling methods.
- Seamless integration between medical and travel security.
If you or a travel companion are stuggling while out of the country during travel for USU, contact the International SOS through their dedicated line or the Assistance App at anytime.
In order to recover the costs for this program, a minimal fee is charged to each traveler. The fee schedule is as follows:
|Student Spouse/Dependent Travel:||$5.00/Day|
|Faculty and Staff Travel:|
|Faculty and Staff Spouse/Dependent Travel:||$5.00/Day|