With the well being of international travelers as a top priority, Utah State University has contracted with International SOS to provide travel assistance services for the university community traveling abroad on university business or sponsored activities. International SOS provides security and medical evacuation services, and a variety of online health, safety, and security resources.
Register your trip with International SOS MyTrips using this link. When asked to create your account, you must use your firstname.lastname@example.org email address.
ISOS MyTrips is USU's travel registry. Registering your trip in is required by USU Policy 536: International Travel.
Before you leave, prepare yourself
- Access accurate, real-time information from the International SOS Member Portal. View country guides, online medical and security reports, and sign up for health and safety email alerts.
- The International SOS Member Portal uses USU's single sign on process, but you may need to create a member account if this is your first time logging in.
- Watch the International SOS Memberside Guide
- Call an assistance center for pre-travel information (e.g. vaccination, required medication, and travel security concerns.)
- Sign up for destination specific email alerts
- Download the Assistance App
While abroad, stay healthy, safe and secure.
Contact International SOS when you:
- Require health, safety, and security advice
- Need to speak with an experienced internationally trained specialist
- Need a specialist (referral) credentialed by International SOS
- Require supplies of medication or equipment
- Need travel advice on loss of travel documents or legal assistance
In an emergency, call International SOS right away to:
- Arrange transportation
- Monitor your condition and advise
- Evacuate you to a center of excellence if local facilities are inadequate or to a safe meeting point when necessary
- Contact USU
Travel abroad can bring unforeseen stress and strain to students, faculty and staff members. That is why USU has added a 24/7 emotional support service to the international travel assistance program to help support travelers’ mental and emotional, as well as, physical well-being.
International SOS, in partnership with WorkPlace Options, provides short-term counseling services to USU travelers, providing psychological support while they are traveling internationally.
- Mental health professionals supporting travelers in more than 60 languages.
- Support available through the International SOS Dedicated line (+1 215.942.8478) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- Access to counseling sessions.
- Phone, video-call, or face-to-face counseling methods.
- Seamless integration between medical and travel security.
In order to recover the costs for this program, a minimal fee is charged to each traveler. Effective August 23, 2023 the fee schedule will change to the following:
|Student Spouse/Dependent Travel:||$5.00/Day|
|Faculty and Staff Travel: (Graduate students with assistantships are considered staff for travel purposes)|
|Faculty and Staff Spouse/Dependent Travel:||$5.00/Day|