Activities and opportunities for professional development, scholarships, and other resources for staff at USU.
Any benefit-eligible employee (full-time or part-time, exempt or non-exempt) of Utah State University, who is not a faculty member, is a member of the Staff Employee Association (SEA) and eligible to participate in SEA opportunities and events.
Continue Your Education
SEA members can apply for an educational scholarship to continue your education at USU or apply for a professional development award to help cover the cost of a conference or training to enhance your work skills.
Stay in the Know
SEA sends a monthly email to all eligible members about what's happening around USU and opportunities for staff to connect, grow, learn, and provide input on important campus issues. Watch your @usu.edu inbox to keep informed!
Professional Development Seminars
SEA offers professional development seminars on a variety of topics each year. Sign-up for an upcoming event or review our YouTube playlist of past seminars!
Recognize Employee Excellence
SEA recognizes excellence among SEA members by accepting nominations for Employee of the Month! Faculty, students, and staff members can nominate any eligible SEA member for this $100 award.
Privileges & Benefits
As a member you have the following privileges, benefits, and opportunities:
- Advocacy for voicing staff concerns
- Staff-focused professional development seminars and trainings
- Elect members of the SEA Board to represent the interests of USU staff employees in a variety of settings
- Run for a position on the SEA Board
- Participate in staff-focused events throughout the year
- Apply for SEA scholarships and professional development awards
- Donate to the SEA scholarship fund to support fellow staff members in pursuing their educational goals
- Be nominated for employee of the month recognition
The USU SEA is a member of the Utah Higher Education Staff Association (UHESA).