Child Sexual Abuse
The Child Sexual Abuse spoke is focused on dramatically decreasing the incidents of child sexual abuse in the state of Utah, as well as supporting those who have survived such abuse no matter their current age. The statistics tell us that thousands of Utah children are sexually abused each year. Freeing individuals and society from child sexual abuse and its lasting impacts is one of the most important efforts that Utahns need to embrace to ensure residents experience safety and security—a basic human right. Spoke leaders and affiliates believe that working together, we can protect Utah’s most valuable resource—its children. To learn more, listen to the spoke leaders discuss the work on this 15-minute podcast.
Managing Director, Saprea
Chris Yadon is the Managing Director of Saprea. His specialties are operational efficiency, systems and process implementation, growth strategy, and market development and penetration.
Director, Malouf Foundation
Jake Neeley is the Executive Director of the Malouf Foundation. He oversees the strategic development and general management of company initiatives, focusing on program development and evaluation.
Executive Director, PCA Utah
Laurieann Thorpe is the Executive Director of Prevent Child Abuse Utah. She guides, directs, and oversees this nonprofit organization that works to end child abuse and to support stronger families in Utah.
Bold Vision & Goals
To make Utah a place where more girls and women can thrive, the Child Sexual Abuse spoke leaders and partners have crafted the vision and goals below. Spoke leadership and UWLP team members are currently working to collect baseline data that will assist in adding numbers to the changes we want to see by 2026 and 2030.Vision: To end sexual abuse, Utahn’s perceptions of chid sexual abuse must change and people need to be moved to action. As a result of this change in perception, individuals will understand the risk of child sexual abuse to their immediate communities and families and seek out and find resources.
- Increase the percentage of Utahns that believe child sexual abuse is preventable. [Metric forthcoming]
- Increase the percentage of Utahns that believe child sexual abuse impacts their immediate communities. [Metric forthcoming]
- Increase the percentage of Utahns that understand child sexual abuse is more prevalent in Utah than most other places in the country. [Metric forthcoming]
- Increase the number of Utahs that understand that the majority of child sexual abuse is done by another minor. [Metric forthcoming]
- Increase the number of Utahns that know where to find resources to prevent child sexual abuse. [Metric]
- Increase the percentage of Utah children who have healthy relationships. [Metric]