Academic Success Model
Academic success requires interaction between essential college study strategies and self-management behaviors. Take Test is the core of our model since success in most classes is significantly influenced by exam performance. Test success requires that you study smart and begin Day One of each class devoting attention, time, and effort to each component of this model.
Read this great article, Underachievement Among College Students, so you can see why the Academic Success model will help you avoid academic difficulties that new college students often experience. Review the Study Smart Starter Kit diagram and articles below.
Study Smart Starter Kit
- Creating Study Guides
- Visual Organizers
- Preparing for Math Exams
- Box of Understanding: Math
- Box of Understanding: Physics, Chemistry
- Box of Understanding: General Science
- Effective Study Plans
- Five-Day Study Plan
- Predicting Test Questions
- Thinking/Learning Pyramid
- Essay Exam Key Words
Other Academic Resources
Subject-specific Study Resources
These resources are just a few of the many subject-specific study resources that are available online. Some of these Web sites were recommended by our Supplemental Instruction (SI) leaders, who have used them successfully in their SI study sessions. Ensure that you also use any online resources that came with your textbook and that are provided by your professor.
Though placement exam preparation resources are provided at the bottom of the page, contact USU Testing Services (within Career Services) for more information: (435) 797-1004, University Inn ground level Room 102.
- USU Science Tutoring Center
- The Biology Project - General topics
- Biology Online - General topics, explanations, biology dictionary
- Biology videos
- Brain Anatomy
- General biology topics (about.com)
- General biology: details and diagrams
- General Biology (audio/video textbook)
- Genetics (sex-linked inheritance)
- Genetics (monohybrid problem sets)
- Khan Academy
Graduate Admissions/Entrance Exams & Praxis Pre-professional Skills Tests