About This Degree
We are surrounded by design. Whether it is an app, a car dashboard, a physical product or instructions, users should be able to interact with these items in a way that makes sense.
Human Experience Design and Interaction (HEDI) is a new Bachelor of Science degree that emphasizes human-centered design thinking principles. The first of its kind in Utah, a bachelor’s degree in Human Experience Design and Interaction combines design thinking principles with topics of how people learn, technology tools, project management, and data analysis.
What You Will Learn
Students enhance core requirements by selecting two emphasis areas. Emphasis areas are designed to prepare students for employment and include the following:
- Game studies: Focuses on game-based learning, including eSports, gaming technology and culture as well as educational game design and development.
- Marketing: Provides understanding of marketing fundamentals, research, design, strategy and analysis.
- New venture management: Concentrates on step-by-step new venture development which includes: creating management plans, promotion and branding, financial resources, and optimization.
- Multimedia: Designed for students to produce multimedia computer-based training and instructional materials for fields such as business and industry, government, and education.
- Culturally responsive design: Examines cultural variables of diverse populations for design and learning
- Product development: Explores design principles, aesthetics and digital technologies in the development of products from prototype to production.
- Technical communication: Integrates theories, methods and skills of creating a variety of communication forms from written demonstrations to graphic representations of instruction.
Career And Outcomes
With a bachelor’s degree in Human Experience Design and Interaction, students may go on to receive graduate degrees or be qualified for careers in the following areas:
- Graphic design
- Multi-media design and development
- Data analytics
- Training and development
- Project management
- Program/product manager
- Technical writing
- Content development
- Game design
- Human-centered design
REQUEST FOR INFORMATION AND ADVISING
*This degree is available at various USU locations.
- Brigham City
- Castle Dale
- Cedar City
- Cortez (CO)
- Heber City
- Montezuma Creek
- Monument Valley
- Park City
- Price (USU Eastern)
- Roosevelt (Uintah Basin)
- Salt Lake
- St George
- Vernal (Uintah Basin)
**This degree is 100% available online. USU is a SARA-approved institution offering fully online programs nationwide; please visit USU's state authorizations for details.
Take The Next Step
You May Also Be Interested In
Learn basic web design skills and hands-on, technical training with experts as you prepare for a career managing a local area network for small businesses, including the process for how to open your own.
Multimedia Development Loading...
Build a solid foundation of design and multimedia production skills to effectively communicate through any medium. This minor lets you explore video and audio production, graphic design, and UI/UX for web and app development.
School Library Media Administration Loading...
This minor meets the requirements for the library media K-12 endorsement as a school library media specialist/teacher in the state of Utah, whether you’re already teaching or a current education major.
Web Development Loading...
The web development minor provides students with hands-on practical experience in programming and design on multiple platforms to improve efficacy and user experiences, no matter what your major or career goals.