Pregnancy Accommodations for Students
The University prohibits discrimination based on sex, as mandated by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972. Consistent with University policy and applicable law, the University will not exclude a student from participating in any part of an educational program based on the student’s pregnancy, childbirth, false pregnancy, termination of pregnancy, or recovery therefrom. In meeting these obligations, the University will provide reasonable accommodations to USU students, faculty, and staff for pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or a related condition.
These protections extend to USU students, faculty, and staff in university admissions, educational programs or activities, extracurricular activities, hiring, leave policies, and employment policies operated by USU. Pregnancy-related accommodations for employees are handled by the Office of Human Resources.
Students can discuss pregnancy accommodations by scheduling an intake with an Office of Equity supportive measures specialist. Please complete the Pregnancy or Pregnancy Related Condition Accommodation Request Form prior to the meeting.
- If you are located at the Logan, Blanding, or Statewide campuses, you can schedule an intake with Rachel Bernardo.
- If you are located at the Eastern campus, you can schedule an intake with Katie Freeman.
Lactation rooms are available at the Logan campus for nursing mothers, offering a private place to feed infants or use a breast pump. A list of amenities at each location and applicable special instructions are provided on the USU interactive map. On the left side, check the box by Lactation Room to see each location.
Lactation rooms are in the following buildings at the Logan campus:
- Aggie Recreation Center (ARC), Room 112
- Agricultural Science, Room 410 (coordinate scheduling with Dean’s office)
- Center for Clinical Excellence, Room 104
- Distance Education, Room 002
- Engineering Lab, Room 258 (call 435-797-8340 to schedule)
- Family Life, Room 316
- Fine Arts, Room 129
- Huntsman Hall, Room 422D
- Life Sciences, Room 011
- Merrill-Cazier Library, Room 134 and 246
- Nutrition and Food Science, Room 107A
- Old Main, Room 344
- TSC, Room 216
- Wayne Estes Center, Room 105