Built
1948
Architect
Karl C. Schaub & Son, Logan
Square Feet
38,513
Source of Funds
State Government
Primary Use
Instruction
History
With the largest post WWII registration of all the schools at Utah State Agricultural College, the school of Engineering and Technology was severely overcrowded. Many students had to be turned away while classes were being held in many different buildings on campus as well as some off campus. A new building became especially imperative when two downtown garages that were being used became unavailable. The 1947 State Legislature appropriated $215,000 to the college for the new building.
Local architects, Karl C. Schaub and son, designed the single story building out of brick and steel. The building plan is an H-shape with the wings on both sides being large open space shops. The central section of the building had offices and classrooms. The new building had more floor space with 34,000 square feet than any other building on campus except for the fieldhouse. It was the thirtyeighth major building for USAC.
The east wing was designed for use by the aeronautics department and the west wing for the automotive department. Each of the wings was equipped with the latest technologies for its respective field. The facilities were boasted to be the best of their kind in the Rocky Mountain region.



References
Construction of New Technology Building at College Planned, Jan 27, 1948, Newspaper clipping from unknown source, USU Special Collections 10.2 Box 1 Fd 23
Utah State Agricultural College Biennial Report, 1946-48, p.135, USU Special Collections 10.2 Box 1 Fd 23