Fleet Operations FAQ

How often do I need to take the online driving test?

The Online Driving Test needs to be taken every two years. Some departments require their driver’s to take the test every year, which is fine. We also require for the online test to be taken again after an accident.

Can I use someone else's PIN?

There is little we can do to insure that people are not using other people’s PIN, but please know that if there is a problem with the fueling, the person’s whose PIN was used will be held responsible.

How do PINs work?

Every time a vehicle is fueled you will need to enter your PIN. This tells Fleet who is fueling the vehicle in case of any problems. The account information is attached to the gas cards, so anyone with a PIN can fuel any USU vehicle without needing to worry about charges. Motor Pool has one PIN for all of their travelers, but besides that, we prefer each person who fuels vehicles to have their own PIN.

What do I do if a Gas Card or PIN is not working?

Please contact Fleet Services at (435) 797-7363 or Motor Pool at (435) 797-3145. If either has been turned off for any reason, then we will need to contact the State to get them activated again.

How do Gas Cards work?

There is a gas card assigned to each vehicle on campus. This card must be used whenever possible to insure that all fueling records are recorded. If you are not able to use the gas card, then you will need to get the receipts back to Fleet Operations so they can manually update the information.

How do I change an account that a Gas Card is being billed to?

To change the account being billed, simply call Fleet Service at 435-797-7363. You will need to have the license plate, old account number and new account number ready. It may take a couple of days to get set up if the new account has never been used before, so please call several days before the last business day of the month with any changes.

Which locations accept Fleet Gas Cards?

Utah Fleet Fueling Locations can help you find any station in the nation that accepts the fleet gas cards. 

What do I do if I am in an accident?

Risk Management will need to know about every vehicle accident that happens in a USU vehicle. They require an incident report to be filled out and prefer for a police report to be done. Please contact Risk Management for more information.

I just received a reminder for vehicle service.  Where can I go to get that done?

You may take your vehicle to any authorized vendor for an Inspection, PM or repair. If you are in Cache Valley, please call our Service and Repair team to schedule service.  If you choose to use another authorized vendor, you must send receipts to Fleet Services to keep the vehicle's state records updated.