How do I find my A-number?
You can recover your A-Number through myid.usu.edu.
If you are unable to retrieve your A-Number using the Banner ID lookup online, consider the following:
- Did you request a privacy hold to be placed on your account? In an effort to extend a student's right to privacy, the lookup utility will not return A-Numbers that have a privacy flag in place. If you'd like to remove this hold, please make your request in person or by mail (photo ID verification or your original signature is required to remove this hold type).
- Are you using the Social Security Number or other identification number you used while attending USU? If not, you will need to use that number to find your current Student ID Number. For international students, if your student ID number was a number that began with 888 or was a number that was not a Social Security Number, you will need to use that number.
- Are you using the last name you used when you attended USU to find your A-Number? A-Numbers have been indexed according to last name. If you changed your last name since you last attended USU, you will be required to use that name to retrieve your A-Number.
- Was the last time you attended USU before 1980? When USU transferred to the electronic filing system, all students who attended USU in or following 1980 were given an A-Number and had their records transferred to the electronic system. If you attended USU prior to 1980, you must contact our office to obtain your A-Number.
- If you are still having difficulty retrieving your A-Number using the online lookup utility, contact the Registrar's Office in person, through email, or telephone. Contact the Registrar's Office for help.