- Karen Beard (FRWS), Richard Cutler (Math) and outside collaborator Daniel Sarr. Predicting Invasive Plant Species Occurrences: A Process for Prioritizing Prevention in our National Parks.
- Susanne Janecke (Geology) and outside collaborators Rebecca J. Dorsey, Victoria E. Langenheim and Stephanie Carney. Assessment of Major Changes within the Pacific-North American Plate Boundary in South California.
- Ann Aust (Chem), Joan Hevel (Chem), and Adele Cutler (Math). Differential Gene Expression in Human Lung Epithelial Cells Exposed to Asbestos.
- Kelly Kopp (PSB) and Nancy Mesner (AWER). Gray Water Irrigation: Constituent Uptake, Leaching, and Persistence.
- Karen Mock (FRWS), Mike Pfrender (Biology), Ron Ryel (FRWS) and outside collaborators Carol Rowe, Megan Kanaga, Dale Bartos, Thomas Whitham and Richard Lindroth. Aspen in Western Ecosystems: Landscape-Scale Genetic Patterns and Ecological Implications. An emerging collaboration between Utah State, the USDA Forest Service, Northern Arizona University and the University of Wisconsin.
- Ilka Nemere (Nutrition Food Science) and outside collaborators Kelly Meckling and Cindy Farach-Carson. Role of the 1,25D3-MARRS Protein in Nuclear Function.
- Kytai Nguyen (Biological & Irrigation Engineering) and Tim Gilbertson (Biology). Development of Nanoparticle Technology to Reduce Dietary-Induced Obesity.
- Jeanette Norton (PSB), Ryan Dupont (CEE), Darwin Sorenson (CEE), Joan McLean (BIE) and outside collaborators Jing Zhou and Paul Richardson. Dehalogenation and the Role of Competitive, Alternative Electron Acceptors in the Bioremediation of Contaminated Aquifers.
- Bonnie Pitblado (Sociology, Social Work & Anthropology) and Carol Dehler (Geology). Sourcing the Origin of Stone Raw Materials from the 8,000 Year-Old Chance Gulch Archaeological Site, Gunnison Basin, Colo.
- Keri Ryan (CEE) and outside collaborators Stephen A. Mahin and Eduardo Miranda. Performance-Based Design of Base-Isolated Buildings.
- Paul Schreuders (ETE), Kytai Nguyen (BIE), David Britt (BIE), Joanne Bentley (Instr. Tech.), Tim Taylor (BIE) and Laurie McNeill (CEE). The Development of Biomedical and Environmental Engineering Curricular Materials for Use in High School Biology Courses.
- Helga Van Miegroet (AWER), Janis Boettinger (PSB) and Michelle Baker (Biology). Differences in soil organic carbon chemistry in seasonally dry forest-rangeland ecosystems in Utah.
For more information on ADVANCE at Utah State, visit its Web site.
Comments and questions regarding this article may be directed to the contact person listed on this page.