Veterans Resource Office Director, Tony Flores, provided a guest column in the Utah Statesman student newspaper talking about his experience as a veteran.
Veterans Resource Office
Utah State University's Division of Student Affairs is appreciative of your service to our country and happy that you have decided to pursue a degree here at USU. We look forward to doing our part to help you achieve success while you are here.
Returning to civilian and family life can be an adjustment; you are not alone. Utah State has dedicated staff and faculty members who have educated themselves about the unique challenges faced by veterans, some of whom are returning veterans themselves.
The Veterans Resource Office (VRO) was created to assist USU student veterans in their transition and adjustment from the military to academia and civilian life. The VRO serves as the central clearing house for veterans that need information or assistance regarding their VA benefits, USU related topics or civilian matters.
The VRO is also a place where veterans can gather and network with other veterans on campus in an environment that accepts and supports the unique aspects of military and veteran culture. Please stop in to find out more about the VRO, your input and involvement is welcome and enhances the USU veteran and military affiliated community.
Wells Fargo Veterans Scholarship Program
Wells Fargo is strongly invested in supporting our nation’s veterans, including a commitment to assist them in completing postsecondary education programs to help them return to, and succeed in, a competitive job market. They offer the Veterans Scholarship Program and Veterans Emergency Grant Program.
We are happy to announce that recently, one of our own students, Katelyn Oetken was awarded the Veterans Scholarship. "I was thrilled to learn about my selection of the Wells Fargo Veterans Scholarship. I greatly appreciate the support Wells Fargo gives our military and military students like myself." Congratulations Katelyn!
Equine Assisted Therapy Research
The Veterans Resource Office provides veterans, service members and their families with the highest level of support as they pursue their academic, career and personal goals at Utah State University. Through education, outreach and peer support, we will provide access to available resources on campus, in the community and through the VA.
- School Certifying Officials for Enrollment Certification
- Veterans Benefits Assistance
- Peer Mentoring
- Free Tutoring
- Free Computer Lab and Printing
- Free Coffee and Lounge Access
- Lending Library
- Telehealth Private Space
- Work Study Opportunities
- and More!
- Ch. 30- Montgomery GI Bill® (Active Duty-MGIB-AD)
- Ch. 31- Veterans Rehabilitation & Employment (VR&E)
- Ch.33- Post 9/11 GI Bill® (active duty or VET)
- Ch.33- Post 9/11 GI Bill® (spouse/dependent)
- Ch.35- Survivors and Dependents Assistance (DEA)
- Ch.1606- Montgomery GI Bill® (Selected Reserve-MGIB-SR)
- Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship
- Yellow Ribbon Program
- Tuition Assistance Top Up (Only available for Recipients of MGIB-AD and Post 9/11 GI Bill®)
- Tutorial Assistance (Reimbursement for Tutoring)
Goals & Objectives
- Assist individuals with the transition from service to academic life.
- Educate individuals about financial resources available to students and veterans.
- Advocate on behalf of students when necessary.
- Collaborate with other University and community entities to provide resources and opportunities for veteran students.
- Establish a mentoring program utilizing fellow students and faculty.
- Educate the campus and community on veterans' affairs.
Veterans Resource Office
0106 Old Main Hill
Logan UT 84322-0106
Phone, Email & Hours
- Main: (435) 797-7886
- Peer Support: (435) 797-0405
- Email: email@example.com
- Computer and Lounge Access Hours: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
- School Certifying Official Hours: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm, walk-ins welcome
- Director: Tony Flores
- Senior School Certifying Official: Tana Beckstead
- Senior School Certifying Official: Rebecca Tyler
- Office Manager/School Certifying Official : Paul Klimack
- VA Work-Study: Jon Gutierrez, Kenneth Bruderer, Andrew Hamlin, Kayla Edelman, Garrett Porter, Gunnar Bennett, and Sathit Niensiri
You served us... it's our turn to serve you!