Manage Your Benefits
Managing your benefits can be difficult, but it’s important to stay on top of it. The Veterans Resource Office (VRO) is a valuable resource to help you navigate the VA and the other educational assistance programs.
Use this checklist to claim the benefits you’ve earned.
Current Student Checklist
- This is the Class Certification/Veterans Progress Form that is required by VA for each semester you want to use your education benefits. Complete this form after registering for classes. We are unable to certify your benefits without this form.
- Change of Program Request — Required for students seeking to change their declared major or program of study. Learn more about the requirements for changing your GI Bill® program.
- Educational Benefit Student Data Sheet — This form is first completed when you first start a file with the VRO. Only update this form if your information changes.
Monthly Enrollment Verification
- Some benefits require you to provide monthly confirmation that you are still enrolled in the same courses. If this requirement applies to your benefits, verify your enrollment each month to continue receiving benefits.
- Apply for Federal Student Aid — You may be able to receive additional federal financial aid for your or your family member’s military service. Learn more about federal aid and the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®).
- Apply for Scholarships — Additional scholarship opportunities and resources are available through the USU Student Financial Support Office.
- Federal Tuition Assistance — If you are receiving Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA) with your benefits, utilize the following portals to manage your benefits.
- State Tuition Assistance — Some students may qualify for additional aid through State Tuition Assistance (STA). Apply for these benefits through Utah National Guard Education Services.
- State Tuition Waiver — Some members of the Utah National Guard working on their first bachelor’s or associate’s degree may apply to waive their tuition at Utah public universities and colleges. Apply for this waiver through the Utah National Guard Education Services
- Federal Tutorial Assistance — If you are using VA education benefits and need help with your coursework, the VA may be able to help you pay for a tutor.
- Additional Federal Benefits — You may be eligible for other federal benefits through the VA. Learn about additional programs you may be able to apply for.
- Additional State Benefits — You may be eligible for other state benefits through the Utah Department of Veterans and Military Affairs or Utah National Guard Education Services.
- The Veterans' Preference program has been established to ensure that veterans who apply for open positions with Utah State University will be given the opportunity to interview if they meet the minimum qualifications of the position.
We're Here to Help
Contact the Veterans Resource Office
Taggart STudent Center 225
0106 Old Main Hill, Logan UT 84332
Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. MST
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at benefits.va.gov/gibill.