Welding Certificate: AAS, CC
Welding students have two degree options in which to choose:
Students can obtain a one year Certificate of Completion in Welding Technology in preparation to enter the job market as a skilled welder. Proficient students are able to obtain welder certifications for SMAW, GMAW, FCAW, and GTAW to AWS code requirements.
The second option is to pursue an Associate of Applied Science degree in Welding Technology.
Students who complete the Welding program are prepared to work as a Welder in the following:
- Welding Inspection
- New freshman admitted to USU Eastern in good standing qualify for admission to this program.
- Transfer students from other institutions need a 2.5 GPA for admission to this major.
- Students transferring from other USU Eastern majors need a total GPA of 2.5 for admission to this major.
- No welding courses below a C may be applied toward meeting graduation requirements.
- Visual acuity requirements: 20/40 vision and Jaeger J-2 at 12 inches, with or without corrective lenses. If corrective lenses are required to attain this level of visual acuity, the corrective lenses must be worn during class periods.
Department:School of Applied Sciences, Technology and Education (ASTE)
College:College of Agriculture and Applied Sciences
CTE Advising - Price
Center for Workforce Development
Phone: (435) 613-5440