About This Degree
The master's in Data Science is a unique, technical, research-based degree. This program offers special topics classes in Data Science based on advancements in technology, specific research interests of faculty and perceived need.
It will prepare students through cross-disciplinary training to do the following:
- Develop innovative software solutions that improve the efficiency and scope of data science tools
- Apply existing programming tools, languages, and algorithms to build, clean, and process large datasets as efficiently as possible
- Identify and construct computational solutions to solve problems from a diversity of domains
- Expand the functionality of state-of-the-art, high-performance data science software
At a Glance
College: College of Science
Department: Computer Science Department
MS: Logan (Main Campus)
Career And Outcomes
With a master's degree in Data Science, students may pursue a career as a data scientist, data analyst, data engineer, machine learning scientist or machine learning engineer.
Office: Main 421
MS in Data Science admission requirements include:
- A bachelors degree in Computer Science or closely related field.
- Coursework in basic Statistics (equivalent to STAT 3000).
These are in addition to the graduate schools requirements.
Take The Next Step
How to Apply
View our step-by-step guide on how to become an Aggie.
Contact the School of Graduate Studies to ask questions or receive more information.
Cost and Funding
Calculate the cost of graduate school and learn about funding opportunities.
You May Also Be Interested In
Learn management skills and focus on operational excellence, no matter your undergraduate degree.
Prepare for a career in computer science as you study artificial intelligence; bioinformatics; distributed, parallel, and concurrent computing; and software systems.
Master of Management Information Systems
Complement your undergraduate degree with this graduate program, where you’ll learn to use technology to improve business processes.