About This Degree
The Master of Management Information Systems (MMIS) program in the Jon M. Huntsman School of Business at Utah State University offers students an opportunity to make a difference in the organizations where they work.
Understanding Big Data is a must-have skill in today's job market. MMIS students compete in the marketplace with solid database, web development, business analysis, and IT strategy skills.
MIS-related professions are projected to have the strongest employment outlook with high wages through the end of the decade. Our master's degree will change the trajectory of your career.
What You Will Learn
Program highlights include:
- High Job Placement Combined with High Salaries
- Solid Database and Data Analytics Coverage
- Premier Faculty Research - Publications, Grants, and a Patent
- Cohesive Student Culture - BI, E-Commerce and Business Analytics, AIS (Two National Champion Teams)
- STEM Designation
- AACSB Accredited
At a Glance
College: Jon M. Huntsman School of Business
Department: Data Analytics and Information Systems Department
Faculty: View profiles of faculty members on the department directory.
Learn More: Program website
MMIS: Logan (Main Campus)
Career And Outcomes
The career outlook for MIS graduates is exceptional, with possibilities including the following:
- Chief information officer
- Quality assurance manager
- E-Commerce system developer
- Business systems analyst
- Software support specialist/trainer
- Database application programmer
- Information system security manager
- Database administrator
- Project manager
- Data analyst
- E-Learning specialist
- Decision support/business intelligence specialist
MMIS Graduate Director & Associate Professor
Office: BUS 716
- Complete the online application
- Pay the $55 application fee
- Score at or above the 40th percentile on the GRE or GMAT (both verbal and quantitative, GRE/GMAT scores optional)
- Have a 3.0 or higher GPA on your last 60 semester or 90 quarter credits
- Provide transcripts of all college/university credits
- Provide three contacts for letters of recommendation
International students have additional admissions requirements.
The department has the following deadlines:
- Fall semester - August 1
- International student deadline - May 15
Take The Next Step
How to Apply
View our step-by-step guide on how to become an Aggie.
Contact the School of Graduate Studies to ask questions or receive more information.
Cost and Funding
Calculate the cost of graduate school and learn about funding opportunities.
You May Also Be Interested In
Learn management skills and focus on operational excellence, no matter your undergraduate degree.
The Master of Science in Data Science program offers special topics classes in data science based on advancements in technology, specific research interests of faculty, and perceived need.
Master of Human Resources
Gain the knowledge and skills needed for successful human resources professionals in one of the top programs of its kind in the West.